PDA

View Full Version : When your own Child's sick

singlewiththree
30-08-2009, 10:25 AM
I've just been approached by my holiday children's parent asking would I have them before and after school. My only concern is that even when I get a 7 seater car I wouldn't be able to fit them all in say if one of my children is ill.

If its my 8 year old I suppose I could leave her in bed (if ok) for the school run but the younger children would have to walk, the buggy would already be full of little ones so all I could do is put them on the buggy board. Which is why I am going to be getting a 7 seater so I could use it in really bad weather and if my own children aren't well.

What do you do? I live on my own and my neighbours work, my mum looks after my nephews and has to take them to a different school so that isn't an option.

sweets
30-08-2009, 10:34 AM
hi could you not explain the problem you have with the mum and see what she says. you could say to her that you will ring her a early as poss the morn your child is sick so that she could make alternative arrangements for getting her child to school, and obviously on those days she wouldn't pay.

helenlc
30-08-2009, 12:32 PM
As Sweets said, maybe suggest to mum she has a back up if ever this were to happen. Maybe a friend or another mum at the school that could help out if needed.

Ripeberry
30-08-2009, 01:33 PM
Also remember that if your own child has a tummy bug then you can't have any mindees anyway :(
Coughs and colds would be OK as long as you warned the mindees parents.