PDA

View Full Version : finaley a call

kellym3
29-08-2009, 10:46 PM
finaly ... had a call lady looking 4 childcare for ds 6 only prob is its after school 5days every 2 weeks(new shift paten) he gos to an american school i dont have base pass, so she would get him to go on school bus this drops off in next village thats ok when i pick dd up from school we normaly pass the stop just after it has droped the kids, he would take up one of my u8 spaces only have 2 (also have g start b/a school end sep she is 7) that will be me ful for u 8. having trouble with inquiarys would like a ft toddler/baby but beggers cant be choosers. IF thats a big fi she rings and comes round next week (had 1 no show last wk) should i take it and how should i get paid would you charge for the week he not there like half 1 wk half the next wk so same money each wk wont be able to fill the other wk my hours are 7-7 she needs me for 3.30 to 8.30 so 1and a half hours at different rate thats 25hours every 2 wks (to me thats a lot)wat happens if some 1 wants a ft place for a baby during the day and the hours overlap every 2 wks would i get a variation(must say chances of me getting a call for a fulltime space are slim its taken me years to get these ) advice needed.

singlewiththree
30-08-2009, 06:16 AM
It would depend how desperate I was.

I think I would charge for the hours she uses if I was really desperate and maybe get her to divide it between the weeks so its a standard fee, another way is to have a slightly higher rate.

Its a complicated one, I've never done shifts but I know others have on here and would have better help.

sarah707
30-08-2009, 03:14 PM
I did shifts a few years ago for someone who flies.

I would say only do it if it totally fits in with what you are doing.

Otherwise you might grow to resent all the messing about.

hth :D

kellym3
30-08-2009, 07:52 PM
thanks 4 replys. cant get anything else(desperat :panic: very) thought id say that i can do it but only till a full time place comes up so i could give say 2wks notice. he would be taking up my u8 space after all. (i will explain it like that to the mum you never no with my lack of inquiarys i could have him years:laughing: ).