PDA

View Full Version : Moral dilema please help???

sarahbcrofts
29-08-2009, 09:53 PM
I am just about registered... pre reg done, CRB's through, just waiting on my health declaration which Ofsted lost! I have agreed to take on a full time 9 month old baby as soon as I am registered. The problem is I am 18 weeks pregnant and now starting to think it might be too much and that I would like some time with my own new baby, the new minded baby will be 1 year and 2 weeks when my baby is due. (I also have a 11, 9 & 2 year old)The problem is that I don't want to let down the lady who is very desperate and nice and I'm also worried she may bad mouth me for being undependable (saying yes and then changing my mind) Also I'm worried that I may not get the opportunity to take on another full timer again as most of the childminders in this area have a part time mindees.

Please help! I know my family come first but I want to do the right thing by everyone!

Pippa31
30-08-2009, 08:09 AM
Hi ya,

Only you know whats best for you & your family! But having just had my 4th baby I now have learnt how to delagate!!! I get all my kids and husband helping out with jobs even the 4 year old can empty the bin these days!! (He will make a great husband :)

Personally I think it will be hard work, but in todays climate I dont think you can afford to say no but this depends on your circumstances. It has taken me over 6 months to get a full timer, I guess a lot depends on your area and how many other cms are in the area.

Sorry I cant be of more help..... Just thought I'd give my ****** worth though:laughing:

FussyElmo
30-08-2009, 12:47 PM
If you really feel that you can't take the baby on then tell your prespective parent that you are pregnant and dont feel that you would be able to take on a baby while looking after a newborn!!! The parent would have to be really spiteful to badmouth you!!!

grindal
30-08-2009, 12:53 PM
Things like this do happen - you have not deliberately let anybody down. Personally I would far rather find a new childminder for my baby before he/she had started with a childminder than 2 or 3 months down the line. Speak to the parent - I am sure they will be understanding.

claireLouise
01-09-2009, 11:27 PM
Having a baby yourself will be hard but remember you may have to wait months to fill a full time vacancy. I have had a vacancy since Christmas and not any calls, all childminders in my area are in a similar situation, things are so quiet. So it depnds if you can afford to lose the income.

Good luck with the pregnancy and enjoy the baby once he/she arrives.

Clare

Daftbat
02-09-2009, 07:53 AM
I started minding as soon as my second child was born. I coped well but the children were older who were in my care than those you have mentioned.

Perhaps there is a compromise that can be reached - can you take an extended maternity leave thereby giving you that time with your new baby?