PDA

View Full Version : Ofsted pre reg inspection help pls

alicia77
29-08-2009, 12:50 PM
Afternoon everyone,
I am at the very early stages - only up to applying for my pre-reg meetings. On the second meeting we will be filling out the Ofsted registration forms....does anyone know how long it takes from form filling to them actually coming out to you and doing the pre reg visit????
Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

AliceK
29-08-2009, 02:28 PM
Hi
I filled out and sent off my forms on my 4th week and Ofsted called me virtually straight away to come out so down here it's very quick.
xxxx

Tam's Tribe
29-08-2009, 02:34 PM
Hi

It was two days after I posted my forms to Ofsted when they called me . . . I was quite shocked really, thought it would be 2 to 4 weeks . . . to be honest, I have had quite a good registration process but I was quite proactive in following up and chasing (ever so politely of course . . . of course).

Good Luck!

Vickie
29-08-2009, 05:02 PM
Afternoon everyone,
I am at the very early stages - only up to applying for my pre-reg meetings. On the second meeting we will be filling out the Ofsted registration forms....does anyone know how long it takes from form filling to them actually coming out to you and doing the pre reg visit????
Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

Hi, I'm still a pre-reg but I started in April of this year and I haven't stopped, with attended all the courses that's required and working on my books (EYFS). just had my pre-reg visit from Ofsted only yesterday! I was told it would take time and they were right, I still have to wait for my Enhanced CRB clearances. I handed my health declaration form to my doctor's and they gave me a call to tell me that they are charging me £105.00 to complete their section! I was gobsmacked!! But, I am very eager to get things underway, but yes, it takes time...

Good luck though, it's really good once you get into the course.:jump for joy:

alicia77
29-08-2009, 09:08 PM
Thanks for your replies :)

I really wanted to know because I have got quite a number of diy jobs to complete before Ofsted come....better get stuck in then :rolleyes:

PS. Wow £105 sounds an awful lot for that health dec form - OMG!!

sarah707
30-08-2009, 07:37 AM

That's not unusual I'm afraid. :(

Good luck to all of you! :D

Tam's Tribe
30-08-2009, 08:08 AM
That's not unusual I'm afraid. :(

Good luck to all of you! :D

My GP charged me £25 to complete the health declaration form.

grindal
30-08-2009, 08:26 AM
My GP charged me £25 to complete the health declaration form.

Mine was very apologetic in having to charge me £10 - so you may be lucky :blush:
Good luck with the rest of the registeration. I registered last summer, started minding in April this year.

Zoomie
30-08-2009, 08:46 AM
Thanks for your replies :)

I really wanted to know because I have got quite a number of diy jobs to complete before Ofsted come....better get stuck in then :rolleyes:

in all honesty, i would complete all the diy jobs first. i had a large number to do, and it actually took us 9 months to get to 'ready for inspection' point.

However, when Ofsted came, she still still found fault with the step in our garden, and we had just two weeks to 'clear the action'.

My poor DH worked like a slave for those two week because he wanted the job done right, and it involved pulling half the patio up again. :panic:

My whole registration process (from OFsted submission) took abt 2.5m months.

Good luck, whatever you decide.