PDA

View Full Version : My journey begins *grin*

Vyx
29-08-2009, 11:42 AM
I received this morning an info pack from my local FIS :) Very interesting and informative I thought, I guess things things will vary region to region? Mine included some Ofsted guides and details about ICC (is it sometimes called ICP or is that a diff thing?) and about the next briefing session.

So........I have gone ahead and emailed the guy back asking him to book me a place on the briefing session which is on the 10th September, so not too far away *grin*

Getting quite excited now,although I know I have a loooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnng way to go yet. So glad I found this forum right at the beginning, everyone is so helpful and there is loads of info for a total childminding newbie like me :)

marian
29-08-2009, 12:39 PM
Hello and welcome - this forum is a fantastic place to get everything you will need for your journey! :)
BUT beware - it is soooooooooooooo addicitve!! :laughing:

Marian x

sarah707
29-08-2009, 03:25 PM
Oh yes ICC is Cheshire's own version of the ICP! Don't worry about that!

You do the course, then at the end you get details for applying to Ofsted ... they want to make sure you are committed first.

Where will your course be based? :D

doodles
29-08-2009, 03:46 PM
Hi, I have my pre-reg briefing on 19th Sept so not long after you. Hope its goes well, let me know how you get on!
Kelly

Vickie
29-08-2009, 04:55 PM
Hi, I had my pre-reg visit yesterday, it lasted for 3 hours and I fell asleep after for 2 hours (totally exhausted).
I felt it went very well, but you can never really tell I suppose. She liked my set up and all the paperwork I had put together, a miracle really trying to do all my workbooks and attend courses and look after my own 4 boys! But, I did it.. and I enjoyed a few glasses of wine later that evening.

She was quite reserved and didn't give much away, but she also made me feel comfortable. :o

I'm glad it's over anyway, and she was very helpful too!
It was like a long interview really!! (very looooooong!)

Well we shall see, and I'll keep you all posted, love the site.. because I don't know any childminders really to chat to, so this is great!

Vickie

Vyx
29-08-2009, 07:16 PM
Sarah

In Tarvin, which is nice and doable for me. Will have to make gooey eyes at my colleague that night though as I don't usually finish work til 6pm so to get to Tarvin from Crewe for 6:30pm might be a bit tight (even with my heavy right foot lol), so I'll have to sneak off early *grin*

Kelly

Yep will do hun, might give you an idea about what questions to ask at yours.

Marian

Many thanks for the welcome and, yes, the forum is quite addictive :)

Daddy Day Care
29-08-2009, 07:58 PM
Congratulations on taking the first step :clapping: :clapping:

Gareth
xx

PRINCESSDAISYFLOWER
29-08-2009, 08:07 PM
congrats
do u know have to do the icp before u become registered?

when i first became reg (a few yrs back) u had 6 months to do it in after the reg you

sarah707
29-08-2009, 08:07 PM
Sarah

In Tarvin, which is nice and doable for me. Will have to make gooey eyes at my colleague that night though as I don't usually finish work til 6pm so to get to Tarvin from Crewe for 6:30pm might be a bit tight (even with my heavy right foot lol), so I'll have to sneak off early *grin*
:)

I work with my partner and he did his training there.

Enjoy! And when they give you the orange, don't eat it!! :laughing:

Vyx
29-08-2009, 08:21 PM
Tania

Yep I did know hun, but thanks anyway :) Will be asking at the briefing session about possible numbers of kids that I may be permitted to mind. Yes I know it's all done on an individual basis by the Ofsted inspector but one of my concerns is that my house will be too small for me to look after enough children for it to be financially viable, and I don't want to have gone through the ICP for nothing :(

Sarah

As it happens I don't like oranges anyway, but why? LOL

Gareth

Cheers hun, I notice that your certificate is recently minted :) how long did yours process take? If you don't mind me asking.

xx

cherylann
29-08-2009, 08:31 PM
hello
i am awaiting to attend the pre reg course i have just started to think about writting my policies etc
what is the icp or icc i am lost with that one

apart from buying toys and safety gates and writting risk assessments i wonder what else people have done when they are waiting for the pre reg part

sarah707
29-08-2009, 08:32 PM
Sarah

xx

You'll have to wait and see. :cool:

It'll be something to look forward to :laughing:

Daddy Day Care
29-08-2009, 08:33 PM
9 Months but soem of that was down to me, I thoguht id sent of all the forms but I hadnt. I could have probably took 6 weeks of the total time but it was still a lengthly process.

But then it will be different where you are, ive still not done my icp course yet dont have to here untill the first 6 months after you have registered.

Gareth
xx

Vyx
30-08-2009, 11:08 AM
Sarah

Gotta say, just started reading you website. Fantastic info there, many many thanks for sharing.

xx

sarah707
30-08-2009, 02:46 PM
Sarah

Gotta say, just started reading you website. Fantastic info there, many many thanks for sharing.

xx

Glad it's helping! :D

Kimmy050983
16-09-2009, 08:57 PM
Hi!

just came across your post and funnily I have been to the same course in Tarvin! So just wanted to say hi!

I find this forum really informative and helpful, so glad I found it!
Have been childminding in Germany for 4 years and loved it but have to register all over in England now:)

Kimmy

Vyx
18-09-2009, 07:25 PM
Hi Kimmy

Were you the lady in the bathroom by any chance?

mississmoomoo
19-09-2009, 04:18 PM
Tania

Yep I did know hun, but thanks anyway :) Will be asking at the briefing session about possible numbers of kids that I may be permitted to mind. Yes I know it's all done on an individual basis by the Ofsted inspector but one of my concerns is that my house will be too small for me to look after enough children for it to be financially viable, and I don't want to have gone through the ICP for nothing :(

Sarah

Gareth

Cheers hun, I notice that your certificate is recently minted :) how long did yours process take? If you don't mind me asking.

xx

It took me 4 months from Briefing session to registration and a further 2 weeks for my insurance and NCMA membership:D

Good luck :clapping:

Kimmy050983
20-09-2009, 09:37 AM
Hi Vyx,

no I wasn´t in the bathroom..
I sat in te front row on the left seat.

Are you going on thursday evening?
am soo excited :)

Looking forward to working after looking after my baby for 9 months :laughing:

Vyx
21-09-2009, 11:22 AM
LOL only because I was chatting to a lady in the loo and I told her about this forum.

I was on the left aswell, at the back with the tall, balding guy :laughing:

Yes, I am going on Thursday and ridiculously excited too :) have you got your EYFS pack yet?

Kimmy050983
21-09-2009, 07:21 PM
No I haven´t yet - but they sent an email back saying it should arrive soon.
Oh yes am really excited too! It was quiet hard to sort everything out as my partner works shifts and we´ve got a 9 months old son, but he got it all swapped around in the end :) . I don´t drive (am from germany and don´t dare driving on the left side :panic: )