PDA

View Full Version : mealtimes with or without?

mushpea
29-08-2009, 08:43 AM
do you and your children eat with your mindess or later? just being nose really:blush: cause trying to decide what to do with my lot.
lunch i am not worried about as mine are at school but at tea time my children who are 8 and 10 eat with the minded children then me and my partner eat when our two are in bed, trouble is its getting later and later as our two are getting older now. what i would like to do is for our two to eat with us about 6.30pm when the others have gone home, my son goes to bed at 7.30pm so do you think this is to late for him to eat?
also if they ate with us it would mean that one mindee would be eating on their own 3 days a week, i would sit with him but not sure if this is ok really, cant really say i wont do dinners on those nights because i still have to do them on the other 2 days of the week as those children go home 6pm so to late for them time they get home and somtimes they are here more days of the week. oops think i am being confusing.
so is it ok for a mindee to be sat eating on his own whilst my two play?

miffy
29-08-2009, 08:49 AM
Yes, it's fine - you should do what suits your family best.

When my children were younger they usually ate with the mindees, that just made things easier. But, as you say, when they get older it doesn't always suit.

It's nice to sit down and eat with your own children - then you can chat about their day.

Miffy xx

Trouble
29-08-2009, 08:51 AM
my kids will only sit down with some of the children:blush: it depends how they eat my kids are 12 and 15 so most of the time they sit in the front room or mindee have it first with me and then they have theres

FizzysFriends
29-08-2009, 09:30 AM
I would say you have to do whats best for your children.

I have it the other way around, DD eats lunch and mindees don't (but they spend the whole time begging for food, they have a little snack but mom doesn't want them to eat here).