PDA

View Full Version : Mindee only crys when its time to go home...

Tiger Lilly
28-08-2009, 06:42 PM
I only started minding this week and i have one mindee(full time), she is only on a short term contract.
All has been going well, however she gets upset when its time to go home and wants to stay with me...As soon as i say her mum is here she starts to get upset and wont go...!!

I have tried to make sure she is ready to go and everything is put away and her bag is ready to go home, but its no better..PLEASE HELP ..(i feel really sorry for her mum).

The child is 4.

I really dont know how to help..:mad:

Hebs
28-08-2009, 06:50 PM
my 2 year old mindee does this :(

haribo
28-08-2009, 06:55 PM
she obviously feels happy with you! i agree its a bit of a shame for mum but hopefully she will understand your not replacing her in her daughters affections , kids this age make strong bonds and what i did when i had one like this was talk about mum through the day ,, mentioning her when possible eg saying oooh we will tell mummy about that and making cards for her and things to put on the wall at home etc so she looked forward to seeing her mum at picking up time :clapping:

Bitsy Beans
28-08-2009, 07:49 PM
Mine doesn't cry but boy is she difficult to get out of the door. Her dad had to pick her up and carry her out tonight. She's run away from him before now!

miffy
28-08-2009, 09:26 PM
You're obviously doing a fantastic job :clapping: and hopefully mum will see this too!

I like Haribo's suggestions - try those and don't worry too much

Miffy xx

MissTinkerbell
29-08-2009, 12:08 PM
My new little mindee was the same yesterday It was his first day and he hadn't cried all day - until mum came to pick him up!!

PixiePetal
29-08-2009, 01:58 PM
I have had a lot do this over the years, most parents are pleased that they have had a good time and don't take it personally.

Even if you do make nice things and mention mum, it won't change some kids. It's like a switch when parents arrive and all their good intentions fly out of the window. Just be relieved when you close the door!

Bex1
29-08-2009, 04:18 PM
I have an 18 month old that cries when its time to go home! Mum is fine with it and says it shows he has had a lovely, fun time...but I feel bit sorry for mum but on the other hand it is a nice feeling for me as it means I am providing a fun, safe, happy time when he is with me!

I had a little one who came for settling in session this week and mum and dad were worried he wouldnt settle as very shy and only ever been with family but when he came to go home...he wanted to stay and play :)

Becky