PDA

View Full Version : non payment

LeeAnn
28-08-2009, 05:36 PM
ugh! Last week my full time mindee's Dad didn't pay. For the previous weeks he had been great then last week I ended up not having LO on Fri (payday) he said he would pop round with it anyway but didnt come. Came on Sun and gave me half , didnt give me other half til I called and asked for it ON TUESDAY.

He apologised said it wouldnt happen again, it was circumstances etc etc. So I thought ok everyone can have a one off bad week. This is the first time so I was pleasent about it.

Guess what!? It is Fri and Mum picked LO up and didn't pay. I have sent a text message to both of them with a total amount ans asking for it to be brought up tonight. Had no reply and I sent them at 5pm.

I don't want to have a bad working relationship with these people but it isn't healthy to have to ask for my money. It makes me feel awkwrd and it isnt fair.

If they don't come tonight should I type up a letter and post it through their door? Stating that I iwll be incurring a late fee and that as of next week I will be expecting 15 hours paid every monday with the balance paid on each fri. The Dad doesn't know his hours until each evening so we have a contract for minimum hours. I am so flexible with this family :(

rickysmiths
28-08-2009, 05:56 PM
If you have late payment fees detailed in your contract I would drop them a polite note (keep a copy). Say you are concerned that payment has not been made and you have been unable to contact them.

Remind them that x will be due on xx which includes the late fee.

I would say also that you depend on your fees to pay your own family bills and you would be grateful that in future to avoid embarrassment, they pay on time as detailed in your contract.

LeeAnn
28-08-2009, 10:40 PM
I got it, mum came round just after putting her LO to bed. DH answered the door and said she was very apologetic.

So turned out ok in the end, still gonna try to have a chat with them to organise a better strategy

xx

rickysmiths
28-08-2009, 11:12 PM
I got it, mum came round just after putting her LO to bed. DH answered the door and said she was very apologetic.

So turned out ok in the end, still gonna try to have a chat with them to organise a better strategy

xx

Glad you got paid before the weekend.

louised
29-08-2009, 07:57 AM
Definately start charging late fees. I had this happen to me a few times, I wouldn't get paid on time and the parents thought it was ok to pay me when they next saw me, it soon stopped when I introduced a £5 per day late fee.