PDA

View Full Version : RESULT!

Tatia
24-02-2008, 07:50 PM
Back in October, I took on a 7 year old girl just on Tuesdays and Fridays after school, from 3-6 but her father generally picked her up somewhere between 4:30 and 5 (still got full pay, not much, £21, but it near enough paid for my Indian takeaway of a Friday evening). Which was a real blessing because, how can I put this delicately? She was bloomin' awful! The atmosphere in my house on those afternoons was so incredibly different than the 3 evnings she wasn't here. All my littl'uns go home by 4 so excpet for my daughter, I just after-schoolers after school. She taught my 3 year old daughter to stick up her middle finger, she bred discontent and fighting, everyone was always choosing "sides" (as in you said EG isn't your friend so I'm gonna be on her side, you be on CWs side - that kinda junk), she thought nothing of squirting black current all over my sofa, being very forward (despite my constant vigilance) with two of the older boys, gawds, I could go on and on. I sometimes saw improvement, just enough to keep me from giving notice cos I hate to give up and thought I could maybe make a differerence in her mixed up life. Well, since Friday past, my husband and I have been discussing it and I decided to go ahead and give notice because £21 a week was not worth the hassle and complaints from other parents.

Today, I ran into her mother at the grocery store and she approached me very shamefacedly to say she had gotten another job and she was so sorry to let me down but I'd only have EG for 2 more weeks!!! :clapping: I mean, it was very hard to assure her that I was happy for her without doing cartwheels in the parking lot! :D

I was NOT looking forward to having that chat about why I was giving notice. Now, I'm home free. :thumbsup:

sarah707
24-02-2008, 07:52 PM
Yay! I will celebrate with you! :clapping:

miffy
24-02-2008, 07:55 PM
Glad it's worked out well for you!

Does this mean you have to do without your takeaway on A friday :rolleyes:

Miffy xx

Twinkles
24-02-2008, 07:55 PM
What a relief!! Now you won't have the guilt trip and you will get your nice afternoons all week.:clapping:

deeb66
24-02-2008, 07:56 PM
I will also celebrate with you :clapping: :clapping:

I had a case like this in this past when I only looked after the child for a couple of hours one day a week.

I too was pleased when mum gave me notice as it saved me having to do it!

Tatia
24-02-2008, 07:56 PM
Wow, you guys are fast!

:laughing:

Tatia
24-02-2008, 07:57 PM
Oh and hubby says no to giving up Friday take away as he'll treat me just to celebrate. ;)

crazybones
24-02-2008, 07:57 PM
:clapping: Good for you. I have to say I had an incredibly similar situation and felt the same i.e. did not want to give up, especially after the child broke down once to me telling me he was being bullied by 2 other boys and I was first he told, but he was a nightmare whatever the circumstances. It was a relief when his mum gave notice. (even though somehow I managed to lose a week's pay:mad: ). Hope your house has a happier atmosphere now. :D

Rubybubbles
24-02-2008, 07:58 PM
haha so happy for you, tehee so much nicer when it works out we don't have to give notice for these few :censored: :laughing:

ruby
24-02-2008, 08:39 PM
so happy it has worked out for you and you do not have to give up your indian

angeldelight
24-02-2008, 08:41 PM
That is really good news well done

Angel xx

Pipsqueak
24-02-2008, 08:42 PM
I'm glad its worked out for you, I hate giving up too but sometimes it has to be.

:thumbsup:

emler
24-02-2008, 09:41 PM
Great news :clapping:

Emler x

Cammie Doodle
24-02-2008, 10:33 PM
Thats what I would call a blessing in disguise.;)