PDA

View Full Version : What Exactly Do I need to Do...

Princess Sara
28-08-2009, 11:34 AM
I have my DO come round and talk to me about learning journals etc. She just made me more confused and when I asked her questions she sort of went off on a tangent about something completely different...

So I have a daily diary that says what we've been doing that day, food eaten, general behavior etc.

Am I right in assuming I also need a learning journal for each EYFS child (I have 2 part timers atm) that links the stuff we do such as building a clock tower with Duplo, to the EYFS and each area of learning and development, creating a 'next step' to further their learning and development and... what else?

I have taken a couple of photos to start me off. The first is of B building her clock tower. Second of B climbing a tree at the park. Third of B holding our pet rats. Couldn't remember if I had consent for photos of J so I didn't take any, but he's done all the same as B. How on Earth should I be setting it out? The one my DO showed me was basically a picture, a short phase of what was happening, and a date. How how do I show we are creating next steps etc, or is that just obvious as you go through the journal and see other things... I'm so confused.

I think I'm going to buy Sarah's ebook!

misst104
28-08-2009, 12:11 PM
I feel the same! Its very confusing isn't it :panic: I got Sarahs book and that helped alot. I also have been pm'ing the poor lady all the time to help :blush:

What I have done is got a scrapbook and put a photo of child on first page then on next page put a little bit about EYFS for parents and then on the next 6 pages I have put a brief description of each of the areas of learning with some cut out photos that relate to it eg. on the PSRN page I have photos of some weighing scales, measuring jugs, numbers etc and then at the bottom I have put the sheet from Sarah which has the learning goals broken down with a column to daye any obs that relate to that bit - IYSWIM.

Then I have put photos of the child as you suggested and any obs next to them which will refer back to the obs column - evidence and all that!

Does that sound confusing - sorry if it does, as actually its quite simple. Hope it will be o.k for Ofsted but who knows when it comes to inspections!!!

xxx jo

misst104
28-08-2009, 12:12 PM
forgot to say that I also do a daily diary, the same as you xxxx

Princess Sara
28-08-2009, 12:14 PM
It does sound quite confusing but I think it will be easy once I've started it!

I've got my scrapbooks and photo's ready, EYFS book open on the right pages, just waiting for the ebook to check how to set it all out...

misst104
28-08-2009, 12:20 PM
Hiya, I've pm'd you

xxx

newminder
28-08-2009, 12:25 PM
I have purchased a couple of Sarahs ebooks as my EY have been usless.

Which ebook is this one, is this another one I need....lol

Shell x

Princess Sara
28-08-2009, 12:41 PM
Thank you Misst!

It's number 28 I think. DF has bought it for me through paypal as I don't have an account.