PDA

View Full Version : Possible Mindee has cancelled :-(

OoopsyDaisy
28-08-2009, 09:21 AM
I am so peeved! My first ever parents were going to visit me today at 11, all was arranged yesterday and she text me this morning to say that she couldn't make it as her husband has a cold?!

She has asked if she can make it on Tuesdsay 8th September, but the thing is my neighbour has enquired for her 3 LO (this lady also had 3) and she is supposed to be letting me know in the next couple of days.

I have tried calling the lady to see if she could come on her own but she doesn't answer and hasn't called me back...I think it could be a cop out!

I was up until midnight getting the house straight and going over paperwork and parent packs and just feel silly now!

Feel really disappointed and a bit like I'm just dangling here like a wally waiting for somebody to hire me! :(

nemo97
28-08-2009, 09:38 AM
Hows the saying go ' first come first served'
Just seen you're in South Yorkshire. Me too!
Not very nice this morning is it :angry:

OoopsyDaisy
28-08-2009, 09:41 AM
hey, whereabouts are you then? Im in oh so glamourous Doncaster!

No its not a nice morning, flaming freezing! And this has just made my morning even worse! x

nemo97
28-08-2009, 09:48 AM
I'm just outside Barnsley and its freezing and very wet :angry:
Not going far today probably watch a movie this afternoon. x

Daftbat
28-08-2009, 01:36 PM
Try not to worry, you will find most of use ahve experience of this type of thing. At least you have some other potential business.

Mollymop
28-08-2009, 01:43 PM
Sorry this has happened. I would try the parents again later and if still no joy I would take on the neighbours kids. x

Bitsy Beans
28-08-2009, 07:56 PM
I've had this done to me. One mum rang and i had to go through a veeeeeeery long conversation with her about what I do, what her daughter likes to do etc etc (why not in person but hey ho). She arranges to come round and then cancels and says as they are going on hols and will ring me when they get back. Am still waiting for the call.

I've learn not to put my life on hold. Suggest you do the same and go with looking after your neighbours kids. People who have so little disregard for you and your business aren't worth it.

OoopsyDaisy
29-08-2009, 09:15 AM
Thanks for all your replies!

After calling her and leaving her a text message (I hate the latter but this parent seems to love them!) I had a text back! Hurrah! In my original text I asked her if it was possible if she could come round with the children so at least she could get a feel for whether she liked me and her LO liked me and our setting too! She replied saying she will see if she can make it.

She came! Unannounced! as she never replied to my text! Had just got back from food shopping and had the hoover out and half of my socket covers were in my 1 years olds chocolate covered hands! But she didn't seem to notice!

Was very nice and to be honest, I think if she had of told me she was on her way I would have panicked myself so I was kind of normal, with a tiny bit of stress and bewilderment mixed in! Anyhow, she said she would organise for her OH to come visit too as he is very hands on...so watch this space!

Amy x

Karenkiki
29-08-2009, 10:02 AM
ooh i would have been all flappy if they had just turned up!! glad it went ok, hope they decide to use ur services!! x

grindal
29-08-2009, 12:29 PM
These things do happen to all of us. When I first left work to start minding a lady phoned me on Christmas eve (when I was on holiday with family) and made an appt to come and see me about looking after her little boy 3 days a week. She was so keen and turned up on the day, asked to see all my paperwork and even took a set of contracts away with her to be ready to come back and sign them the next day - and I never saw her again :panic: :panic:
And I never hand unsigned contracts out anymore either :eek:

marian
29-08-2009, 12:32 PM
Just wanted to say I hope it all works out for you :)

Marian x

jemima
29-08-2009, 05:50 PM
oooohhhh I wish I had two families of 3 children both wanting me xxx Lucky you x

OoopsyDaisy
31-08-2009, 08:10 AM
oooohhhh I wish I had two families of 3 children both wanting me xxx Lucky you x

Yeah I know, I am fortunate to have had the interest but nobody has signed on the dotted line yet! x