PDA

View Full Version : Got Me A Phil & Teds!!!

helenlc
28-08-2009, 08:57 AM
For £75!!!!! With both seats, all over raincover and all over shade cover!!

And in the green that I LOVE!!:clapping:

A lady put it on our local Netmums For Sale board yesterday. And only wanted £40!!!:eek:

I text her but of course someone had got in first. She said that if this lady came Saturday and didnt want it, it was mine.

Anyway, I had been thinking about it and the fact that I was willing to bid up to £150 on Ebay for one (and had and missed out!:angry: ).

So I text her this morning and offered £75! And she just called back and said thats fine! I feel a bit mean on the other lady and did explain to the lady selling it that I was desperate for one. She had spoken to the other lady and she couldnt offer more. I said that i didnt really want to outbid the other lady, as it were, but I was prepared to pay the £75 and thought the seller would appreciate a few more pennies.

I pick it up tomorrow!!!:clapping:

LOOPYLISA
28-08-2009, 09:01 AM
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

sweets
28-08-2009, 09:02 AM
Well done you! sometimes it pays to be a bit ruthless :laughing:

Ihave to admit though it wouldn't be my first choice of pram, i always feel a bit sorry for the LO at the back as all they see is the back of the seat in front!

kellym3
28-08-2009, 09:04 AM
:D :thumbsup: bargan should fit in your car a treat

Hebs
28-08-2009, 09:05 AM
i want a green one :)

pinklady
28-08-2009, 10:01 AM
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

helenlc
28-08-2009, 10:47 AM
i always feel a bit sorry for the LO at the back as all they see is the back of the seat in front!

I think this too, but it will only be for short spells of time. I drive almost everywhere and just use the pushchair to get around shops, in and out of school and soft play etc.

But I want this one as it is a double and single in one - and at the moment I am carrying an Obaby Single and a Maclaren Twin Techno in my car almost every day . And the Twin Techno doesnt fit in the boot of my Galaxy unless I have one seat down. But I need ALL the seats up.

Just have to run it past hubby but am going for the angle that its cheaper than buying a new car to accomodate the Twin Techno!!!:laughing:

Alibali
28-08-2009, 01:17 PM
wow, that's great, I want one! And Hebs, don't be greedy - you already have one:laughing:

carebear25
28-08-2009, 01:49 PM
Well done u, I really want 1 of these now. But am gonna wait till bambino due an hopefuly get 1 x

jeanybeany
28-08-2009, 06:11 PM
I've got a red one and they are fab, my mindees love being in the back as I hang toys for them to play with........all my parents think it's great and always comment on how comfy it looks. You won't be disappointed with it.

helenlc
28-08-2009, 09:45 PM
my mindees love being in the back as I hang toys for them to play with.....

Good idea!!! Will sort some out - have some toy ties and link things.

uf353432
29-08-2009, 07:16 AM
Helen there are 2 clips which keep the front seat up - they make great places to dangle toys for the rear passenger on.

Glad you finally got your bargain - I only paid £50 for mine - and it was worth more.

ruby
29-08-2009, 07:22 AM
i have one, love it

cathy

carebear25
29-08-2009, 08:05 AM
I want 1, sorry I would like 1.

I just dont think it wil fit in my car xx

FizzysFriends
29-08-2009, 08:12 AM
Ihave to admit though it wouldn't be my first choice of pram, i always feel a bit sorry for the LO at the back as all they see is the back of the seat in front!

When they are in the car there is only a seat in front of them too, they just look out the side.

helenlc
29-08-2009, 08:35 AM
Well, I just confessed to my hubby about getting it. He rolled his eyes and just said he "gives up" now with my pushchair buying!!!

And I am going to pick it up in a minute.:clapping:

Might not be on later as I might be playing!! Might do a Hebs and get my 11 and 9 yr old to try it out!!!:laughing: :laughing:

Hebs
29-08-2009, 09:42 AM
Might not be on later as I might be playing!! Might do a Hebs and get my 11 and 9 yr old to try it out!!!:laughing: :laughing:

we will need pics :thumbsup:

my 2 year old mindee looks tiny in it as there's so much space

helenlc
29-08-2009, 10:56 AM
we will need pics :thumbsup:

my 2 year old mindee looks tiny in it as there's so much space

Just need my 9 yr old daughter to get back from football training!! My 15 mth old mindee is dinky too so I would imagine she is going to look lost even in the back seat.

I have got it and its lovely - so roomy and yet fits in my boot and the lid shuts without having to take any wheels off!! And the second seat pops off so easily! I thought I might end up getting annoyed with having to put it on and off but its just as easy as putting up my Twin Techno.

Have had a little play already with the seats in the different positions.:blush: Its so light and easy to push. I liked my Urban Detour single one as it was light and easy tp push but it didnt fit in my boot with all the seats up. MY Phil & Teds does!!:laughing:

Roll on Tuesday now so I can use it properly with the mindees!!!:clapping:

MissTinkerbell
29-08-2009, 09:04 PM
I Luurve mine and wouldn't be without it - 3 years now!! The back seat sticks a little now with constant use but DH oiled it last week and its back to normal.

Its now being used as a single as my twins now walk but we take the 2nd seat along just in case they need a rest. I'm gradually getting used to using it as a single after 3 years of using it as a double!