PDA

View Full Version : Garage full of pushchairs

twiggy
28-08-2009, 07:39 AM
Hi, I was just wondering how many pushchairs everyone has. I have in my garage 1 Mothercare tandem, 1 urban detour double, 1 maclaren side by side, 2 single strollers and 2 single urban detours. I just seem to acquire them.

My husband is going mad as I have managed to fill the garage.

I really must get rid of some, is anyone else as bad as me?

Tinglesnark
28-08-2009, 07:43 AM
hahaha not yet but i have a feeling i may be haha! how do you 'aquire' buggies? hahaha

cabby
28-08-2009, 07:43 AM
i did have loads i had,
triple side by side,
triple tandem,
double side by side,
double tandem,
and a single,
have now sold all the doubles and triples and got a t3 jogger,
still cant help looking at new ones though...lol:blush:

sarah707
28-08-2009, 07:46 AM
I have 2 singles and a double at the moment... looking for another double if the right one comes along.

But it's my shed and I can put what I want in there :laughing: :D

Mollymop
28-08-2009, 07:47 AM
I have just one standard buggy (no idea the name) and 1 mothercare double.

I don't buy extra buggies for anything.

See, I mind 12 months and over... I have 3 under 3's on my books, but they are part time and 1 can walk, so use the double for the other two.
And single buggy for when I only have one of the little ones.

My hubby moans about my 2 buggies being in the garage ---- and it is a triple garage, not as if there is no room in there:rolleyes:

twiggy
28-08-2009, 07:50 AM
hahaha not yet but i have a feeling i may be haha! how do you 'aquire' buggies? hahaha

I bought the Mothercare tandem when I first started childminding but it killed my back. I was then given the double side by side but it is difficult to fit through doorways, I then purchased a second hand Urban detour double which is so easy to push.

I already had 1 stroller, got given another and then got ripped off on Ebay with an Urban Detour which has a strap torn off it, I then replaced this with a second hand Urban Detour from a friend.

rickysmiths
28-08-2009, 07:58 AM
2 Maclaren singles - 1 is 9 yrs old the other a year old
1 Maclaren double side by side - is 8 years old
1 Silver Cross Wayfarer Single - bought for my dd in 1993 and still going strong and sooo comfortable to push.

I bought a Silver Cross side by side double secondhand, when I started minding, when I did not need it anymore a friend had it and it eventually fell apart.
I also got rid, to the dump, the secondhand Maclaren light weight single we were given for dd in 1994. It went 5yrs ago.

I suppose I have been quite economical with buggies and in 15yrs have spent a total of a little under £400. (£26.66per year!)

Helen79
28-08-2009, 08:20 AM
I have a jane powertwin & a mothercare single buggy that I use everyday lpus a buggyboard.

In the loft there's another tandem pushchair & a bugaboo bee & until last week I had another 2 doubles that I sold.

I've probably owned 10 pushchairs in 4years but have never found the perfect one that has everything I need

The Juggler
28-08-2009, 08:25 AM
I only have 2 - a single and a double side-by-side. I'm on my third double just managed to break the others!

Also on my third single, one was second hand.

I don't have a garage though so incentive is there not to buy and hoard though I do get very excited when I buy a new one I have to admit.

Hundreds of car seats though. hee hee

carebear25
28-08-2009, 08:27 AM
I have a
Mothercare trenton - ds's
Hauck stroller - ds's
Mac twin traveller - off ebay £10!!!

Did have a M&Ps twin aria £15 off ebay but cudnt get it in house so gave it away on freecycle

Thinkin of gettin a P&T twin sport when baby is born

emler
28-08-2009, 08:28 AM
you are all buggy addicts :laughing:

carebear25
28-08-2009, 08:29 AM
I only have 2 - a single and a double side-by-side. I'm on my third double just managed to break the others!

Also on my third single, one was second hand.

I don't have a garage though so incentive is there not to buy and hoard though I do get very excited when I buy a new one I have to admit.

Hundreds of car seats though. hee hee me 2 have 3 x 9mths to 4yrs, 1 x 9mths - 11yrs, booster chair an booster seat

carebear25
28-08-2009, 08:29 AM
you are all buggy addicts :laughing:

thats y im on the pram addict forum :jump for joy:

helenlc
28-08-2009, 08:36 AM
I currently have an Obaby single umbrella pushchair and a Maclaren Twin Techno.

Both of which I am hoping to sell and get a Phil & Teds double sport. That way I will only need one buggy as it can be single and double. I have also been realiably informed that the P & T will fit in the boot of my Galaxy with all 7 seats up (whereas the Techno does not).

Have previously owned Graco Duosport, single Urban Detour, a couple of second hand Mothercare Jives and Mothercare Tandem.:blush:

I love pushchairs!!!

loocyloo
28-08-2009, 08:37 AM
i've only got 4! double and single umbrella strollers that go in the car, and double and single 3 wheelers that i use for walking around the village etc!

dh thinks thats too many! but i love buggies .... however, with a couple of 'tries' i luckily got the buggies that suit me pretty much from the start! ( helps that for 14 yrs i wa sa nanny and had to push everyone elses choices, and therefore knew what i didn't want!)

:laughing: we were in france and everytime dh saw my attention had wandered he said its either shoes, bags or buggies, and knowing you, its a buggy !!! LOL!!! :laughing:

kellym3
28-08-2009, 09:22 AM
5, mutsy urban rider dd's/ds's used for both, 1pink umbrellafold dd's then ds came along dp was not impressed ds in pink buggy so got a chicco red one i also have hooch double got given single urban detor swopped for a highchair, car seats and boosters 7 in total and no mindees :eek: ( 1ds 1dd)

Princess Sara
28-08-2009, 11:41 AM
I only have a single OBaby. I keep looking at doubles but df won't let me buy one until I have a signed contract and deposit for an under 2. He's so mean!

Twinkles
28-08-2009, 01:07 PM
My dh thought I was getting bad when he had to build a shed just to house my buggies and car seats.

two tandems

two singles

one side by side double

so only five.

But what about all the car seats/booster seats etc too :panic:

nikim
28-08-2009, 02:56 PM
i have 2 singles, 1 really basic and the other suitable from birth
and 2 doubles ,1 phil and ted (which is also a single) and a maclaren , i did have more but we moved to a house that didnt have a garage :panic: ,so i had to get rid of some :( , i am a bit of a pramoholic infact its actually the reason why i am a childminder my youngest is 10 so i needed an excuse to fulfill my addiction :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

dont even get me started on car seats :rolleyes:

PixiePetal
28-08-2009, 03:33 PM
1 Maclaren single

1 Jane twin two tandem (needed it to go through front door but have now moved house!)

Now need a single 3 wheeler to cope with fields and lanes and poss a double one too if I get more mindees :rolleyes:

Did get rid of 2 on freecycle to make room though :D

FizzysFriends
28-08-2009, 05:51 PM
I have a M&P and a Maclaren XLR .

Angela234
28-08-2009, 06:03 PM
I have 4

maclaren techno single 18 months old

Maclaren Quest (hopeless brakes) single 4 years old

Double Graco duesport (off ebay) can't get it up over steps so can't use it

I side by side century double buggy 6 months old.

Daddy Day Care
28-08-2009, 07:24 PM
I have 2 singles and 2 doubles, couldnt tell you the make as it all means notihng to me all i know is one double is sided to side the other back to back.

Just hope I get to use them someday

Gareth
xx

daisyboo1980
28-08-2009, 07:49 PM
ive a double out and abt 3 wheeler, a side by aide and a single buggy and ive no children of mine own and havent started minding yet lol