27-08-2009, 07:57 PM
Be calm. good luck.

Lick'le Oakes
27-08-2009, 08:01 PM
thanks, more notice would off been good

Cazz
27-08-2009, 09:39 PM
Good luck for tomorrow.

Monkey - what changes with the inspection from September 1st?

little miss chatterbox
27-08-2009, 09:47 PM
Blimey! good luck! They're so evil for not giving us more notice! I know they need to see us in a normal environment but schools get a weeks notice!

Will be sending lots of positive thoughts and look forward to hearing how it went

xx

Daddy Day Care
27-08-2009, 09:52 PM
Good Luck, I'm sure you will be fine

Gareth
xx

Lick'le Oakes
28-08-2009, 06:37 AM
Todays the day nervously waiting now:panic:

anneriddington
28-08-2009, 06:40 AM
Good luck for today, just think you will be able to have a relaxing weekend as your house will be spotless, all your paperwork will be up to date and no more ofsted for 3 years. :laughing: Knock yourself out have monday off :)

loocyloo
28-08-2009, 06:56 AM
good luck, relax and have fun.

sell yourself and show them what a fantastic minder you are.

xxx

haribo
28-08-2009, 07:25 AM
hope it goes well today :thumbsup:

Mollymop
28-08-2009, 07:27 AM
Good luck for today! You will be fine.. x

miffy
28-08-2009, 07:36 AM
Good luck - hope everything goes well!

Miffy xx

mrsbumbles
28-08-2009, 09:13 AM
Good luck :thumbsup:

kellym3
28-08-2009, 09:53 AM
good luck:thumbsup:

Lick'le Oakes
28-08-2009, 12:30 PM
She came stayed exactly 1 hour, didn't move off the settee, didn't look in the garden etc. Anyway i got a good which i know i should be pleased with, thing is she said everything i did was "phenominal", policies, diaries etc fantastic. I got 3 areas outstanding and the rest good but she couldn't give me outstanding as i have not been doing it long enough. I asked her what i could have done to get an outstanding and she said nothing more it just needs "bedding in". She said the report will read as if its outstanding and i will be really pleased with it but she still gave me a good. I'm gutted as i honestly don't know what else to do. The network co-ordinater came last week for the first time and she thought i would get outstanding and when i just phoned her to tell her she is really angry as she said that no way i should have got a good. I'm quite upset and have cried about it not that i got a good but because she said i didn't have to do anything better but still got that grade.

Kes
28-08-2009, 12:35 PM
She should have given you outstanding. But well done on the good its still a great grade to get :clapping: Have fun celebrating over the weekend.

Kerry.

Monkey1
28-08-2009, 02:42 PM
You can request a re inspection. If your not happy, fight your corner! Shortest ever inspection i have heard of.....did she have plans for the weekend?:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Lick'le Oakes
28-08-2009, 03:51 PM
Think she needed a cigarette!! :angry: she rang me about an hour ago to ask how many children i had on role and how many in the EYFS. I told her then i asked why i got good etc, i asked if she came in 3 years and everything was exactly the same would i have got an outstanding and she said....yes absolutly. So what do i say to that.:angry: :angry:

Mouse
28-08-2009, 03:53 PM
I'm sure there must be other minders who have worked for a shorter time than you, but got Outstanding. Maybe try to find some evidence to show that it does happen. I do think you need to query her saying that it's just because you haven't been doing it for long enough.

Well done on the goods & outstandings that you did get. I can understand your frustration & upset though.

miffy
28-08-2009, 04:08 PM
Wow that was a very short inspection!

I think it's poor to say you can't be outstanding because you haven't been minding long enough - there are several members here who have been given outstanding on their first inspection - the grading should be about how well you're meeting the EYFS requirements.

It's a shame that this overshadows all the hard work you've obviously put in but I agree with the others, if you're not happy you need to challenge the grading.

Miffy xx

haribo
28-08-2009, 04:18 PM
congratulations wow one hour she must have been impressed but i cant understand what difference it makes how long you been minding ,,,if you deserve an outstanding ( which you obv.do) then surely you should get it x

ORKSIE
28-08-2009, 04:26 PM
Well done on your grade, but i can totally see why your upset, I had a similar experince, was told my preactice was "Very Good" but could not give me outstanding, turns out she had never given an outstanding to anyone before:eek:

Angela234
28-08-2009, 04:37 PM
Well done

It's a shame some inspectors will give outstanding to new minders and some won't 2 childminders in my town got outstanding on their first inspections they should make up there minds whats the highest grade awarded to new minders to make it fair to all

Your report will show how good you are and thats what people read once again well done and be proud of yourself celabrate :clapping:

Rosiemay
28-08-2009, 05:52 PM
'Good' is a great result but I can understand why you're not happy. Like you said there's nothing else you can do.

I've only had 1 visit from ofsted at my pre-reg inspection. Mrs Ofsted said that in 19 years she'd never given an outstanding. She said that in her opioion outstanding means that there's no room for improvement and she believes that there's always things you can do better. She also warned me not to expect anything more that a satisfactory at a first inspection...

Well done anyway. Sounds like you are doing a brilliant job.
rx

izzy
28-08-2009, 10:34 PM
i have had a few months break from minding and have been updating my paperwork ready to start again soon - what is changing from the 1st september :panic: x

Lick'le Oakes
29-08-2009, 11:45 AM
Feeling better about it now. One of my parents have recomned me to one of her friends who is coming to see me on Friday so i have decided thats what matters. The parents being pleased with my service is more important to me than Ofsted. At least i know i don't need to do any more than i am doing for when they come again in three years time.

sophiestars
29-08-2009, 07:40 PM
Your inspection sounds similar to mine (although much shorter!). My inspector was also really complimentary and said it was the best 'post-registration' she had ever done, she couldn't believe I had only been minding for a few months I looked so well established, my paperwork was all excellent and exceeded what was required, I had lots of unique selling points she had never seen before, it was one of the best snack times she had ever seen etc etc etc so there i was thinking wow she's going to give me outstanding and then she showed me her lap top and all i saw was a line of 2's - not even one outstanding area!! I was so deflated and thought what else could I do? She said it was because i had just started and all my systems for observing, giving parents info etc were excellent but new so they hadn't been proven yet grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!

A friend of mine who hasn't done half of what I have in place thinks if I had got her inspector i would have got outstanding. It's so unfair - why shouldn't we be outstanding just because we are new?

I think there is a case for inspections being done by 2 people - more stressful for us, granted, but the current system is so inconsistent. Your rating is fixed for 3 years according to the opinion of someone who has been there for only a couple of hours (or only 1 hour in your case!!)

So sorry you feel cheated but 'good' is still a fantastic result ;)

Mollymop
29-08-2009, 08:00 PM
Well done you!!!

It annoyes you when the insepctors say that they can't give you outstanding because you haven't been doing it long enough!If you are outstanding then you are! blimey!

I was annoyed with mine as well, she said she was very impressed with everything and told me I do more than network childminders and something were so good, she hadn't seen before - she gave me all goods and 1 recommendation which was to make my obs even better... (she had said they were so good she was going to push me to make them even better???)

At the end of the inspection she told me she likes giving all "goods" as it is easier! I was pee'd off that I didn't get at least one outstanding, which I thought I wuld get for minding a child with downs, a child with severe allegies and a child who was a different culture and adapting so well

GOOD is great though!!:clapping:

nannymcflea
30-08-2009, 06:58 AM
Well done on your good grade, it's fab.:clapping:

What I find very annoying about the inspectors is not just the inconsistancy between individual ones but the fact they don't seem to realise that this is our livelihood. One may give a good that needs to be an outstanding whilst another may be a little more relaxed and give outstanding despite there being discrepences in the cm's work. The problem there is that when parents read an OFSTED report they compare between local minders, so who do they think is going to be the best....?

It does make me so cross and I bet a lot of people on here could actually do a more consistant/fairer job.