PDA

View Full Version : Oh for flip sake!

pinklady
27-08-2009, 03:24 PM
Just as I was starting to have less cold sweats, nightmares etc about my forthcoming ofsted inspection they go and change the flaming inspection framework! Back to the drawing board and SEF me thinks.:panic:

Adiamond
27-08-2009, 03:34 PM
I have just got all that through my door :huh:
shall read it later :) x x x

carebear25
27-08-2009, 03:59 PM
Not got that yet!!!

Pipsqueak
27-08-2009, 04:11 PM
got what.... whats changed????:panic: :panic: :panic:
i am away on holidays and am not near my letterbox:huh:

nikim
27-08-2009, 04:17 PM
OMG what have they done:panic: i havent heard anything ,am off to ofsted website now to find out :idea:

MissTinkerbell
27-08-2009, 04:29 PM
Just been on Ofsted site and only thing I can find is new inspections for schools. Whats going on?

sarah707
27-08-2009, 05:26 PM
I've not had anything either! :huh:

Twinkle
27-08-2009, 06:57 PM
I've not got it either - what have they done now??? :(

Twinkles
27-08-2009, 06:59 PM
Noooooooooooo !!!!!!!!! I haven't had anything through yet :panic:

ORKSIE
27-08-2009, 07:01 PM
Me neither:eek:

sweets
27-08-2009, 07:02 PM
i got it! ............ have flicked through it and not really much changing but 1 major thing is that they are making the SEF shorter!!!:clapping: :clapping:

rachelle
27-08-2009, 07:04 PM
as of September it is 1 combined judgement "the quality of provision in EYFS - as opposed to separate on welfare and then learning and development

and a judgement on Outcomes for children in EYFS on top of the 5 seperate outcomes judgements they already make.

2 judgements instead of 1 on working in partnership - effectiveness of settings engagement with parents and effectiveness of partnerships

renaming inclusion "the effectiveness with which the setting promotes equality and diversity"

and introduction of 2 additional judgements - effectiveness with which deploy resources and effectiveness of leadership and management in embedding ambition and driving improvement.

They say "they are not significant and do not involve you providing additional evidence"

I say hmmmmm!

Twinkles
27-08-2009, 07:05 PM
i got it! ............ have flicked through it and not really much changing but 1 major thing is that they are making the SEF shorter!!!:clapping: :clapping:

See I knew there was a reason for not doing mine yet - twasn't just lazyitis ;)

They've probably changed it 'cos there was too much reading for them to do.

Twinkles
27-08-2009, 07:08 PM
as of September it is 1 combined judgement "the quality of provision in EYFS - as opposed to separate on welfare and then learning and development

and a judgement on Outcomes for children in EYFS on top of the 5 seperate outcomes judgements they already make.

2 judgements instead of 1 on working in partnership - effectiveness of settings engagement with parents and effectiveness of partnerships

renaming inclusion "the effectiveness with which the setting promotes equality and diversity"

and introduction of 2 additional judgements - effectiveness with which deploy resources and effectiveness of leadership and management in embedding ambition and driving improvement.
They say "they are not significant and do not involve you providing additional evidence"

I say hmmmmm!

Wot ??

I am an effective leader when we play ' Going on a bear hunt '

I always have the ambition to get them all to bed for a nap by 12.30

And my driving is not that bad - wendywu is a fibber.

pinklady
27-08-2009, 07:11 PM
I really don't know what to do about my inspection on the 14th September :panic: I have done my SEF but haven't sent it yet as there's always some probably with Ofsted's email.:(

I guess I'll have to alter it to show I'm aware of the changes.:rolleyes:

jaz
27-08-2009, 07:20 PM
Havent received anything as yet, but did go on a training course about it a little while ago and felt more secure about filling it in. Cant wait for it to land on my doorstep soon :D ;) :D

sarah707
27-08-2009, 07:27 PM
Wot ??

I am an effective leader when we play ' Going on a bear hunt '

I always have the ambition to get them all to bed for a nap by 12.30

And my driving is not that bad - wendywu is a fibber.

:laughing: :laughing:

FizzysFriends
27-08-2009, 07:39 PM
I really don't know what to do about my inspection on the 14th September :panic: I have done my SEF but haven't sent it yet as there's always some probably with Ofsted's email.:(

I guess I'll have to alter it to show I'm aware of the changes.:rolleyes:

You don't have to change your SEF it says if you have already done it they will take it in the old format.

Monkey1
27-08-2009, 07:43 PM
I was told by ofsted that enjoying and achieving was becoming Achieving and enjoying and to ammend paperwork accordingly!:huh:

sarah707
27-08-2009, 07:52 PM
I was told by ofsted that enjoying and achieving was becoming Achieving and enjoying and to ammend paperwork accordingly!:huh:

They can't mess about with the Every Child Matters agenda can they?? :huh:

surely that's a government thing.

Ah well we are their drones we will do as we are told when we get the letter :rolleyes:

loocyloo
27-08-2009, 08:00 PM
i haven't got mine ...

but i am now totally confused!

' introduction of 2 additional judgements - effectiveness with which deploy resources and effectiveness of leadership and management in embedding ambition and driving improvement.
They say "they are not significant and do not involve you providing additional evidence" '

?????? i guess, its showing you use your resources in planning/how you locate resources etc, resource book???

but i have no idea about ambition & improvement!

sweets
27-08-2009, 08:04 PM

I say hmmmmm!

i'm sorry but i'm not the brightest button in the box! what does it all mean in english? :blush: :blush:

rachelle
27-08-2009, 08:36 PM
no idea - copied it from their letter :laughing: :laughing:

Hoping they won't know either!

buildingblocks
28-08-2009, 12:49 PM
[/COLOR]

See I knew there was a reason for not doing mine yet - twasn't just lazyitis ;)

They've probably changed it 'cos there was too much reading for them to do.

could be right Mrs Ofsted took mine away with her and it was 25 pages long - detailed was one of the words she used lol

I got a brown envelope from Ofsted this morning but I am not opening it yet

buildingblocks
28-08-2009, 12:50 PM

an what is the point of that or am I being thick apart from making us have to alter the words around on all our paperwrk

Twinkles
28-08-2009, 12:56 PM
could be right Mrs Ofsted took mine away with her and it was 25 pages long - detailed was one of the words she used lol

I got a brown envelope from Ofsted this morning but I am not opening it yet

:jump for joy: Open the envelope , open the envelope :clapping:

misst104
28-08-2009, 01:06 PM
I've just got my letter through and don't know whether I should ask for the new SEF or fill in the old one. Am due an inspection at any time :panic:

Why do THEY feel this persistant need to keep changing things?????? :mad:

xxx

Daddy Day Care
28-08-2009, 06:43 PM
I got my letter today as well not that i really understand it

Gareth
xx

Playmate
28-08-2009, 06:58 PM
Haven't got our letters yet and when we do we certainly will not be changing our SEF's! Someone at Ofsted was obviously bored again :rolleyes:

rickysmiths
28-08-2009, 11:26 PM
I haven't got anything yet and if it arrives in the post today it will stay unopened until Wednesday am when I start work again.!

carebear25
29-08-2009, 07:53 AM
Got mine this morning dx

buildingblocks
29-08-2009, 02:53 PM
[/COLOR]

:jump for joy: Open the envelope , open the envelope :clapping:

Nope not going to have a few weeks yet before I think Ofsted stuff again (was inspected a couple of weeks ago) Am reliving my youth on FB at the moment much more fun than paperwork (thinks dreamily of ex boyfriends nights out in Baileys nightclub, Fun days out, those were the good old day s of nannying)