PDA

View Full Version : Tell me it gets easier??

LeeAnn
27-08-2009, 02:10 PM
Or tell me I'll get better! :laughing:

My house looks like atornado has gone through it! Everything feels rushed and I dont feel like I get anywhere.

I am always dropping off, collecting, preparing lunch, snacks drinks or trying to fill the dishwasher so mount dishmore doesnt take over my kitchen :rolleyes:

I had all these visions of sitting down to lunch with the mindees - lunch???? what is lunch?? also what is sitting? Anytime my bum hits a seat someone needs to go to the toilet, needs the potty etc etc etc
I should be at least a size six and all the picking up I do my house should look like Anthea Turner lives here!

But alas I am no slimmer (more tired yes ;) ) and it looks more like wayne and waynetta slob have moved in!

Is it possible to have it all or do you all spend your evenings trying to claim your house back?

estrelas
27-08-2009, 02:42 PM
Or tell me I'll get better! :laughing:

My house looks like atornado has gone through it! Everything feels rushed and I dont feel like I get anywhere.

I am always dropping off, collecting, preparing lunch, snacks drinks or trying to fill the dishwasher so mount dishmore doesnt take over my kitchen :rolleyes:

I had all these visions of sitting down to lunch with the mindees - lunch???? what is lunch?? also what is sitting? Anytime my bum hits a seat someone needs to go to the toilet, needs the potty etc etc etc
I should be at least a size six and all the picking up I do my house should look like Anthea Turner lives here!

But alas I am no slimmer (more tired yes ;) ) and it looks more like wayne and waynetta slob have moved in!

Is it possible to have it all or do you all spend your evenings trying to claim your house back?

:laughing: :laughing:

Nope sorry doesn't get better, you just get used to never eating, never sitting and the mess suddenly looks normal :laughing:

The Juggler
27-08-2009, 02:51 PM
It doesn't change but it feels easier/more normal. All my toys are pushed to back of living room at night so when I'm sitting on the sofa watching tv at night and being waynetta slob I can't see them and I pretend they are not there!

I hoover and antibac each night but find it easier to not even put the toys away any more! I gave up trying to tidy everything away and get i back out again.

LOL

Alibali
27-08-2009, 05:59 PM
Yeah, I used to put all the toys away, gates down and car seats out of the car etc every weekend as it was my time in my home/car. It's too much like hard work now and the childminding stuff stays put unless it's my 2 weeks holiday or we're having a party!!

ORKSIE
27-08-2009, 06:07 PM
It just becomes the "norm":)
I tidy toys away because i have teenagers of my own and I use our living room to CM.
I do try to sit with Mindees when we have lunch but more often than not I eat standing up, taking bites out of my sandwich between sorting them out:)
I try to do house work at the weekends,but sometimes I just think stuff it, I need some time with my family:thumbsup:

sarah707
27-08-2009, 06:14 PM
The key is forward planning.

Plan lunch for 10 minutes time - tidy up, toilet visits, wash hands and all sit down together.

Plan outings for 15 minutes time - put bag together, tidy up etc etc

Plan going home for 10 minutes time - tidy up, get shoes, coats, hats etc ready, put children's work by the door with their bags, put the TV on for a nice calm house

Plan snack for 10 minutes and make sure you get a cup of tea ready - tidy up, toilet visits etc etc

Try making up a tidy up song or playing one on a cd player - who can help tidy up before the music stops?

It doesn't always work like that but I ALWAYS sit and eat snack and meals with the children :D

LeeAnn
27-08-2009, 06:54 PM
Thanks all! Glad it isnt just me! :laughing:

Thanks Sarah - I do try to get everyone organised in advance but one of the mindees is literally just potty training so she tends to go often and also has now started to go when my DD says she needs. Which means it goes like this -DD goes up to toilet, then mindee decides she needs so I pop her on potty. Then DD is finished so I run up to help her , back down to help mindee then back up to empty the potty!

Oh what I would give for a downstairs loo :laughing:

I do tidy all the toys away every night. Just feel like I spent way more time today trying to keep on top of the organisation instead of being with the kids :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
we still managed to make a homemade photo album for mindee to take home, bake some choc chip cookies and wash and change 3 beds (just in case due to last nights nit investigation. yuck!) do some dancing, play some babies and go to the toilet a million times! :laughing:

DH is off tomorrow so at least he can do all the fun stuff like dishes! woo hoo!

one last thing on the list for tonight! A large glass of wine!

ORKSIE
27-08-2009, 06:57 PM
WINE! Your on our level:laughing: :laughing:

LeeAnn
27-08-2009, 07:00 PM
Oh yes it's what keeps me sane! (ish ;) ) !:laughing:

ORKSIE
27-08-2009, 07:19 PM
Think we will all agree with you there:thumbsup:

helenlc
27-08-2009, 08:35 PM
Think we will all agree with you there:thumbsup:

I dont like wine - but a bar of chocolate is usually enough of an incentive to get me through the day!!!:D

buildingblocks
28-08-2009, 12:52 PM
I dont like wine - but a bar of chocolate is usually enough of an incentive to get me through the day!!!:D

Oh I'm not alone then

misst104
28-08-2009, 01:15 PM
Thanks all! Glad it isnt just me! :laughing:

Thanks Sarah - I do try to get everyone organised in advance but one of the mindees is literally just potty training so she tends to go often and also has now started to go when my DD says she needs. Which means it goes like this -DD goes up to toilet, then mindee decides she needs so I pop her on potty. Then DD is finished so I run up to help her , back down to help mindee then back up to empty the potty!

Oh what I would give for a downstairs loo :laughing:

I do tidy all the toys away every night. Just feel like I spent way more time today trying to keep on top of the organisation instead of being with the kids :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
we still managed to make a homemade photo album for mindee to take home, bake some choc chip cookies and wash and change 3 beds (just in case due to last nights nit investigation. yuck!) do some dancing, play some babies and go to the toilet a million times! :laughing:

DH is off tomorrow so at least he can do all the fun stuff like dishes! woo hoo!

one last thing on the list for tonight! A large glass of wine!

Sounds like you are totally organised to me. What a lot to get through as well as the tidying up. You deserve that glass of wine! :thumbsup:

P.S My house always sems to be a bit of a mess at the moment but not just the mindees, its my own kids and my OH (the most untidy man on earth!!!)

It drives me mad but I am trying to learn to accept that it comes with the job alot of the time!

xxx Jo

xxx