PDA

View Full Version : network

Helen79
27-08-2009, 12:41 PM
I'm thinking of joining our local network so that I can become accredited later on.

but tbh I have no idea what the network is & what happens once I've joined & what work is expected of me.

The network coordinator is coming in a few weeks to have a chat about it but just wanted to prepare myself before she comes.

grindal
27-08-2009, 01:57 PM
I joined my local network before the summer. I am now an associate member until i have completed all the assessments. I think there about 6 of them, but there may be more. I have just completed the risk assessment assessment :eek: and have another visit scheduled for next month. For me it seemed like a good move - and OFSTED seemed to like it!

MissTinkerbell
27-08-2009, 02:02 PM
I joined mine about 3 months ago. I had to fill in a form which was very much like the SEF and provide evidence such as policies, procedures, menus, planning, etc. The network co-ordinator then came back to assess me whilst minding and I was then accepted onto the network.

I'm still waiting for all the paperwork to come through so that I can add it to my literature. I will then have an assessment visit every 8 weeks or so to check I'm still up to standard. The network has regular monthly meetings in the evenings and drop-ins during the day which you do not have to attend (I can't as ours are on a Monday evening and my DH is out that night). We also have to commit to at least 18 hours of training per year - think we also get access to training that is just for networked childminders too.

They also have regular planned outings and picnics.

sdean
27-08-2009, 02:59 PM
I have joined ours. We had to complete a form like the sef form about how you meet the standards etc.

I have also become accredited.

It opens up extra free training in our area which we get priority choice on.

sarah707
27-08-2009, 05:29 PM
We have a big folder to complete.

We get some extra training but it's all been on dates I can't make so far :rolleyes:

No accreditation round here yet but I'm hopeful it will be around in the next 2 years :D

venus89
27-08-2009, 05:35 PM
I have agreed to join my local network - I still am unclear about the whole thing. I've had the coordinator around three times so far and from what I see it means you get more help and support, and get pushed harder to be better. As far as I'm concerned allof that's goo! It gives me access to training and I can also become accreddited. On the downside it does mean a lot more work - the folder I had to fill in initially was huge and she's come back to me with suggestions for improving my practice. But then I figure that following those up can only be good for myself, the parents, the children - and last, but not least, Mrs Ofsted