PDA

View Full Version : Soggy pants and puddles!!

Helen Dempster
27-08-2009, 11:32 AM
Hello all

I've got a 3yr old mindee boy who was toilet trained before he came to me - had a few accidents, but seemed to get through it and had been fine. I was on hols for 2 wks recently (oh, how I wish I was back in Cyprus!) and this is my first week back - he's not stopped wetting himself. Mum says he did it with the lady who was looking after him while I was off, but dad told me yesterday he only does it here and do I give him lots of fluids. I told him I cut his fluids right down and he doesn't have too many drinks during the day. This morning he's wet again, but hasn't even had a drink so far! I feel a bit fed up having to keep washing his clothes and my floors etc!!!! He's not an unhappy boy, tho is very quiet. I don't know what to do really...any suggestions??

Helen x

Pipsqueak
27-08-2009, 11:38 AM
don't cut down on his fluids too much though.

Children often regress when there are big changes going on and out of routine. No big deal - he will 'get it' again - bit of time and perseverance and going back to basics.
Besides children still can and do have accidents quite often up until they are 5years old (and sometimes beyond)

little chickee
27-08-2009, 11:47 AM
I would in effect start the toilet training process again - reminders about if he needs the toilet, maybe sitting him on the toilet every half an hour, praise for weeing on the toilet, star chart maybe. Its probably just the changes in routine that have made him regress - he'll soon be back in control.

helenlc
27-08-2009, 12:16 PM
I would in effect start the toilet training process again - reminders about if he needs the toilet, maybe sitting him on the toilet every half an hour, praise for weeing on the toilet, star chart maybe. Its probably just the changes in routine that have made him regress - he'll soon be back in control.

I was going to suggest this - just go back to the beginning and do what you would do if you were getting someone toilet trained.