PDA

View Full Version : Using a Buggy Board with Double Pushchair

Michelle M
24-02-2008, 05:16 PM
Hi All

I have a Mothercare Double Pushchair, I have a 2 year old that prefers to walk but its still a bit too far to School and back for him, however I have taken on a child who is just 1 and I have my 11 month old, so I was wondering if any of you know of a buggy board that I can use with my double pushchair.

The basket on the bottom is one big basket so there are no bars seperating the pushchairs, hope that makes sense. Oh and its the Mothercare Duolite twin pushchair i that helps.

Michelle xx

littletreasures
24-02-2008, 05:22 PM
Hi Michelle

Have a look at this, I think it may answer your question.

http://www.buggyboard.info/page.php?buggy=67

Jules

Michelle M
24-02-2008, 05:26 PM
Thanks hun,

Michelle xx

Kelly
24-02-2008, 08:46 PM
Ever thought of a swiss bibi strolli, I love mine clips onto virtually every puschair and you don't break your back walking behind the buggy board!! I have attached a link, but you can find them cheaper

www.twinsuk.co.uk/product.php?id=100710

Michelle M
25-02-2008, 12:19 PM
Now that I do like, thank you. :)

Michelle x

Alibali
25-02-2008, 02:36 PM
I have the strolli-rider too, and it fits great on my mothercare double buggy. I love it, and that's a good price for it. Only drawback is that there is no integral harness, but I use reins and strap them through the seat just incase the wee one falls off!

Alison:)

sarah32
25-02-2008, 04:17 PM
Im having the same problem at moment, I have 2 little ones in a tgraco tandem double buggy and also have 2 year old that has not walked much and get very tired, Ive tried a few bugy boards and none fit my buggy as large basket on back.

Ive looked at the swiss bibi strolli but worried it might just be too much with tandem buggy as well. Does anyone use this with a double buggy??

Its alot of money to spend and wont be able to use.

sarah

Kelly
25-02-2008, 06:27 PM
Sarah, I use it on a double, I used to use it on a tandem but i am using it on side by side buggy at the moment, it is so great I have a 4 year old who sometimes gets tired on the walk home from school, so I also pop the buggy board on as the bike is at the side it doesn't get in the way at all.

Michelle M
25-02-2008, 06:52 PM
I am 5ft 2" and I thought I would struggle with a buggy board, but this does look great ad like you say is at the side. wha put me off a bit was the little biy is only just 2 and I thoght he may fall off but using the reigns is a great idea.

Michelle x

Kelly
25-02-2008, 07:16 PM
You need to be careful on the first couple of outings as the LO tend to let go, as long as you remember to check they are holding on before you walk off it seems OK two of my LO's take turns and they are 26 and 30 months and manage fine

Michelle M
25-02-2008, 07:23 PM
Might have to get him a cycle helmet just in case :laughing:

Pippa
25-02-2008, 08:55 PM
Does anyone klnow if you can use the Swiss bibi Strolli with the Out'n'About Nipper 360 double? I'm sure I saw something about it on a previous thread but can't find it now. I'm getting the Nipper 360 and will need to use a buggyboard or similar - just looking at all my options! Keep getting cofused about all the different Lascal boards - there seems to be Maxi, 3G and also Kiddiboard.

Schnakes
25-02-2008, 09:09 PM
That swiss bibi strolli just looks dangerous to me. Esp. if the child gets dozey. :panic:

Even if you did string some elaborate harness through it...there is no sides, no front pnel - nothing. I dont like it, sorry. I cant see that ever getting through Ofsteds eagle eye!!! :p

Sx

Kelly
26-02-2008, 01:01 PM
I deffinately would not use mine with any kind of harness as there is a risk of falling off, however a child would not be able to stand on a buggy board if they were dozy would they? I've used mine for 6 months and never had a problem, the children can get on and off like the buggy board, but it means they do not have to stand up all the time.
Not sure about the Out and About 360, if you give me the measurement of the bar you want to attach it to I will have a look at the attachements supplied to see if there is one that fits if you like.
Kelly

Schnakes
26-02-2008, 01:43 PM
however a child would not be able to stand on a buggy board if they were dozy would they

Nope - a reason why Ive never given serious consideration to one of those, as well!!

Sx

Amanda
27-02-2008, 12:36 PM
Hi Michelle

I currently have a 2yr old and two 1yr olds. I use a Graco Tandem Pushchair with a buggypod attached to the side. Its like an extra seat with its own wheel. It also has a five point harness so child can't suddenly jump off!!
I got mine from www.biz-e-kids.co.uk its a great invention, easy to use and attach.

Amanda