PDA

View Full Version : childminder co-ordinator

cher25
27-08-2009, 09:42 AM
Just had my co-ordinator on the phone asking about an audit form which i actually posted last week.

However she has now scared me, apparently ofsted are doing there rounds in my area! :panic:

I briefly told her i am way behind in sorting paperwork, but she gave me a couple of helpful tips. Using a diary just write down anywhere i plan to go, or have been with the children. And again in a similar book write out in 1 colour for activities i plan and another colour for what the children planned themselves. She never said any of it had to be done in advance of doing activities either. Apart from next steps.
She said they are trying to stop the loads of paperwork and using official looking forms and to just write obs and thing's on a post it. (As Sarah and everyone has been saying) Along with date, time and child's age.

Don't like the idea that ofsted may well call soon though!!! :( Im scared! lol

Demonjill
23-09-2009, 10:06 PM
post its were widely used at my DS nursery, now i have them all stuck in his plp lol:laughing:

charleyfarley
23-09-2009, 10:26 PM
We were always told to use post its and our pre school use them too so that's what I do although I do transfer them over. Stupid really as it's twice as much work for me :panic:

Carol xx

sarah707
24-09-2009, 06:47 AM
Think of obs as post it sized rather than using post its!!

The information you write down should usually (unless something big happens that you want to wax lyrical about) be about the size of an average post it note! :D

miffy
24-09-2009, 06:51 AM
Thanks for the feedback

Good luck if Ofsted do call!

Miffy xx

Jules12Wed
24-09-2009, 06:52 AM
I do write things on post its but then type them up later to go in folder otherwise my folder just looks a complete mess. How would you organise your post its in a learning journal do you stick them all on one piece of paper, I can't seem to make it work!!

CherryBlossom
24-09-2009, 12:25 PM
Don't panic..they might not call just yet.

i am sure you will be prepared and ready for when they do though!

good luck

FussyElmo
24-09-2009, 12:30 PM
I cant just put a post it note in my learning journey. I have really tried but it makes it look untidy so I then have to redo it:blush: :blush: The book idea is a good one as my big piece of paper with planning on looks scruffy - ok slighty ocd about this.

huggableshelly
24-09-2009, 12:44 PM
a cm friend has recently moved into a school and gave me a great idea that I am in the process of doing (when I stop reading in the forum lol)

you know the sticky labels you can print on from the pc ...

well she said the school have the EYFS golas pre-printed on these labels so all they do its take a pic, add the labels then write the date and age of the child.

I've made a start on it but its boring me LOL. i bought the multi purpose labels from staples - 21 per page so hoping it does make things easier even less writing once I've done all the copy n pasting. Obviously there will be a few things that cant be evidenced in a photo but still!