PDA

View Full Version : NAME SOME OF YOUR FAV SONGS AND WHY DO YOU LIKE THEM?

angeldelight
27-08-2009, 08:06 AM
So what is your favourite and why?

Was it when you first met someone and a song meant something to you?

Was it when you got married ?

A sad time in your life ?

Happy days ?

Maybe you were on holiday and a song always reminds you of what a good time you had

What is your favourite song and why ?

Angel xx

Mollymop
27-08-2009, 08:29 AM
Thats a very hard question for me to answer. I have soooooooo many fave songs that I can't pic just one.

mama2three
27-08-2009, 08:45 AM
not one song - but anything by 'del amitri' whisks me back to lovely times with a special person. who i then dumped for hubby! hey-ho!:o

angeldelight
27-08-2009, 08:47 AM
not one song - but anything by 'del amitri' whisks me back to lovely times with a special person. who i then dumped for hubby! hey-ho!:o

Any regrets ? :laughing: :laughing:

Angel xx

angeldelight
27-08-2009, 08:48 AM
Thats a very hard question for me to answer. I have soooooooo many fave songs that I can't pic just one.

So name them Sandra ? :laughing:

Angel xx

estrelas
27-08-2009, 08:48 AM

:laughing: :laughing:

I too have a lot of fav's i'll have to think about it

LittleMissSparkles
27-08-2009, 08:51 AM
I cant narrow it down to 10 never mind 1 Angel LOL

U2 with or without you
Bette Midler Wind Beneath My Wings/In My Life
Eva Cassidy Songbird/I know you by heart/Over the rainbow
98 Degrees I do cherish you
Faith Hill There you'll be
ABBA Dancing Queen

thats just a few that i can think of right now xxx

I do cherish you was our first dance when we got married

Wind beneath my wings is mine and my dad's song

the others have all been played at friends funerals and i can never listen to them without thinking of them xxx

Roxette must have been love reminds me of my first big love, well i loved him anyway :(

Roachford naked without you - ds's dad used to play it to me to try win me back a time and time again ...

mama2three
27-08-2009, 09:06 AM
Any regrets ? :laughing: :laughing:

Angel xx

oh yes! but if i still had him in my life i wouldnt have my wonderful kids would i?

cabby
27-08-2009, 09:10 AM
Don Williams - Your My Best Friend, this was my dads favorite song, every sunday afternoon he would come home from the pub tipsy and sing it to my mum, whilst trying to get her to dance with him, it was played at his funeral 13 years ago, it gives me goosebumps and makes me cry anytime i hear it :crying:

if i ever get married it will be the song we have our first dance to:)

madonna- crazy for you, reminds me of my first boyfriend:blush:

nannysue
27-08-2009, 09:52 AM
my all time ever ever favourite song is .....

A Good Heart by Fergal Sharky, its rarely heard these days but if i do hear it i just have to stop and take it all in .:thumbsup:

It gave me hope after a dreadful, violent , abusive 1st marriage

Anything from Meatloaf......

and Simply The Best by Tina Turner.

I'll Put You Together Again by Hot Choclate , always brings a lump to my throat !! I first heard it when i was at my lowest point about 25 yrs ago, but apart from one thing that i would give the world to put right alls good now

tinkerbelle
27-08-2009, 10:07 AM
dario g the sun one cant think what its called when me n hubby first got together
wet wet wet love is all around my aunties funeral song n when it plays i remember her
any daniel bedingfield mainly gotta get through this
loads of others but these are my main fav's

Dotty
27-08-2009, 10:18 AM
What's Going On by the 4 Non Blondes - reminds me of when me and hubby first got together.

The one song that really sends shivers down my spine at the moment if The Bones of You by Elbow - wow!!!! :thumbsup:

cabby
27-08-2009, 11:25 AM
luther vandross- dance with my father again

cant believe i forgot to put that one, :( the words are so very true to me:(
cant listen to this one without crying either:( just realised i am such a wuss

on a brighter note
blacklace- aggadoo:happy banana: :happy banana:
reminds me of being on holiday with my cousin when this first came out, we were sooooo popular at the next school disco cos we knew the moves and no one else did:ROFL1:

god we were coooool

Trouble
27-08-2009, 05:29 PM
Bittersweet symphony by the verve -Love it My favourite of all time:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Then enigma 1 and 2 sadness one makes me cry:blush:

Big Log Robert Plant also makes me cry:blush:

cant listen to some of linol richie song happy memories - make me cry tons:blush: sad i know:laughing:

i like the music more on songs that the words but the words help

Alibali
27-08-2009, 06:11 PM
Bon Jovi - Bed of Roses I love it!

Madness - It must be love - reminds me of school days 'love'

Summer of 69 - Bryan Adams - The year I was born and a fab song

Trouble
27-08-2009, 06:17 PM
Bon Jovi - Bed of Roses I love it!

Madness - It must be love - reminds me of school days 'love'

Summer of 69 - Bryan Adams - The year I was born and a fab song

love bryan adams:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :blush:

Hebs
27-08-2009, 06:17 PM
mine are...

Evanesance - My Immortal, is for Jonathan my baby who died before he was born :( the words are so fitting and even my kids know it's Jonathans song :(

The Mavricks - Dance the night away, reminds me of happy times on holiday in tenerife with the kids, guy was singing it on karaoke and mark had a lil plastic trumpet and i was playing along at the end :laughing:

Garth Brookes - The Dance, reminds me to enjoy every moment of my life cos i wont be here forever.

Taylor Swift - White Horse.... just my life in a song :laughing:

venus89
27-08-2009, 06:21 PM
Lots of favourites depending on my mood.

But I just rediscovered Pet Shop Boys 'Se a vide e' and it's really cheered me up - nice memories of a happy summer

Monkey1
27-08-2009, 06:33 PM
one of my favs....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-n-jZJhpT4

and this one cause i listened to it so much when i was pregnant with my son ......everytime he heard it he would be so quiet, then go back to what he was doing when the song stopped.......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Av7m_Pgt1S8&feature=fvw

PixiePetal
27-08-2009, 06:35 PM
Far too many to list them all but a few .................

More than words - by Extreme (heard it on the radio, by the time I found out who it was by it was no longer available. My lovely bestest friend, when I told her, said she had it :clapping: Great minds and all that. A few years on she got a cassette of it from an old music store online and gave it to me. I am terrified of it breaking!

Lip service - wet wet wet. Good times at gigs :thumbsup:

Here we are all together - David Essex. Likewise :thumbsup:

Unanswered prayers - Garth Brooks. Love the words

If tomorrow never comes - Garth Brooks. Likewise

Tons more, will have to get thinking:)

Lots of songs bring different memories to light, happy or sad. I was into music all through the 70s and beyond. My kids think I know the words to all the 'old' songs :laughing:

Car radio was on and had to get DH to turn it off as the song being played made me sob uncontrollably. Think it was in the chart when his mum and my dad died. :( Jim Reeves reminds me of mum and dad. They use a song for a TV ad at the mo and I have to stop the tears or turn over

Monkey1
27-08-2009, 06:37 PM
luther vandross- dance with my father again

cant believe i forgot to put that one, :( the words are so very true to me:(
cant listen to this one without crying either:( just realised i am such a wuss

Hubby can't listen to it either, he left the room when that guy sang it last week on the x factor last week. Its the anniversary of my father in laws death on tuesday:(

PixiePetal
27-08-2009, 06:38 PM
mine are...

Evanesance - My Immortal, is for Jonathan my baby who died before he was born :( the words are so fitting and even my kids know it's Jonathans song :(

The Mavricks - Dance the night away, reminds me of happy times on holiday in tenerife with the kids, guy was singing it on karaoke and mark had a lil plastic trumpet and i was playing along at the end :laughing:

Garth Brookes - The Dance, reminds me to enjoy every moment of my life cos i wont be here forever.

Taylor Swift - White Horse.... just my life in a song :laughing:

I thought it was only me who liked Garth Brooks :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Love the Dance too and Standing outside the fire then theres always Baton Rouge!

Monkey1
27-08-2009, 06:46 PM
My ones of the eighties....
Big sister played this till it drove me insane............love it now though!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnggY6IguCg

one of my favs, reminds me of my boss who i had a HUGE crush on in Olympus sports Shrewsbury
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnggY6IguCg

Trouble
27-08-2009, 06:47 PM
My ones of the eighties....
Big sister played this till it drove me insane............love it now though!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnggY6IguCg

one of my favs, reminds me of my boss who i had a HUGE crush on in Olympus sports Shrewsbury
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnggY6IguCg

love the 80s:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Trouble
27-08-2009, 06:55 PM
you ve set me off now i like travis too SING SING SING:D :laughing: :laughing:

im suppose to be finding campsites:blush:

TheBTeam
27-08-2009, 07:40 PM
Anything by UB40, they are my all time favourite.

I like 'Sacrifice' by Elton John, just reminds me of my grandad, and on a less sad note him singing 'I had a little drink about an hour ago and its gone right to my head', he was always happy and tipsy singing this and we used to go out with him and my nan and had some lovely evening with them at the 'club', I still miss everyday without him and it has been nearly 12 years.

I like 'I'm in the mood for dancing' by the Nolan sisters, this reminds me of the time with my friends dancing at disco's when i was really young and carefree, before I got married at the grand old age of 20!

Trouble
27-08-2009, 07:43 PM
im liking peter andres new song

and his body:blush:

Daddy Day Care
27-08-2009, 07:51 PM
Im not really a musaic person, i dont own a single cd, tape or lp. i refuse to buy music when I can listen to it on sky or in a pub.

The last cd i brought was as a kid, chef - chocolate salty balls :blush:

If I had to pick a fav song id choose bon jovi - always

Was suppsoe to be the first dance at our wedding but the flipping dj didnt have it, even tho he knew we wanted it, he made out it had just dissapeared.

So we eneded up Jennifer Rush - power of love, I do like this but it wasnt the point.

Only time I really listen to music is when im drunk and go on the duke box, my mates dont appretiate my taste in music, its gernally the following songs

Day dream beleiver - Monkeys
Summer of 69 - Bryan Adams
Heaven is a palce on earth - Berlinda Carlisle
Youv'e lost that lving feeling - rightsous brothers (sp)
Suspicious Minds - Elvis
to many broken hearts - jason Donovan

So guess I like music form 60's and 80's

Gareth
xx

TheBTeam
27-08-2009, 07:55 PM
Im not really a musaic person, i dont own a single cd, tape or lp. i refuse to buy music when I can listen to it on sky or in a pub.

The last cd i brought was as a kid, chef - chocolate salty balls :blush:

If I had to pick a fav song id choose bon jovi - always

Was suppsoe to be the first dance at our wedding but the flipping dj didnt have it, even tho he knew we wanted it, he made out it had just dissapeared.

So we eneded up Jennifer Rush - power of love, I do like this but it wasnt the point.

Only time I really listen to music is when im drunk and go on the duke box, my mates dont appretiate my taste in music, its gernally the following songs

Day dream beleiver - Monkeys
Summer of 69 - Bryan Adams
Heaven is a palce on earth - Berlinda Carlisle
Youv'e lost that lving feeling - rightsous brothers (sp)
Suspicious Minds - Elvis
to many broken hearts - jason Donovan

So guess I like music form 60's and 80's

Gareth
xx

OH dear, think I have a very similar taste in music!! All of the above i really like and more similar, saw Belinda Carlisle at Wembley when she opened for Tina Turner and I stood up singing all the songs, knew the words etc, the people around thought i was mad!

emler
27-08-2009, 07:56 PM
I love so many it's hard to choose a favourite. some favs are -
U2 - One
The Script - The Man Who Can't Be Moved
paulo Nutini - Last Request

To get me up dancing -

The Foundations - Build me up buttercup
Billy Ocean - Love really hurts without you
Rod The Bod - Baby Jane
Any 80's cheesy pop really :laughing:

Monkey1
27-08-2009, 07:58 PM
im liking peter andres new song

and his body:blush:

DITTO!:thumbsup: :D

Daddy Day Care
27-08-2009, 07:59 PM
OH dear, think I have a very similar taste in music!! All of the above i really like and more similar, saw Belinda Carlisle at Wembley when she opened for Tina Turner and I stood up singing all the songs, knew the words etc, the people around thought i was mad!

Ohhhhhhh see and my mates thoguht i was a special case, at least theres 2 of us :D

Gareth
xx

Trouble
27-08-2009, 08:01 PM
i like 80s tooooo

monkey his bottom is looking fine to:blush: :D

Hebs
27-08-2009, 08:03 PM
I thought it was only me who liked Garth Brooks :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Love the Dance too and Standing outside the fire then theres always Baton Rouge!

and the change
we shall be free
the thunder rolls.......... the LONG version :D :clapping: :laughing:

PixiesDen
27-08-2009, 08:04 PM
Our Favourite song at the moment is "The Call" by Regina Spektor. I have a leaver tomorrow who has been with me for 2 and a half years, my darling daughter made a lovely media movie for her with lots of photos on it and that is the sound track. Words are just perfect, everyone who has seen it thus far has cried buckets.!

I am a lyrics girl so alwys like the lyrics that hit home, music comes second for me.

Trouble
27-08-2009, 08:05 PM
Our Favourite song at the moment is "The Call" by Regina Spektor. I have a leaver tomorrow who has been with me for 2 and a half years, my darling daughter made a lovely media movie for her with lots of photos on it and that is the sound track. Words are just perfect, everyone who has seen it thus far has cried buckets.!

I am a lyrics girl so alwys like the lyrics that hit home, music comes second for me.

excellent and outstanding movie;) :D :clapping: :clapping:

Gizmo
27-08-2009, 08:11 PM
We had Metallica- Nothing Else Matters for the 1st dance at our wedding

I love George Michael - Different Corner

And also loving Peter Andre but havent heard the song yet :laughing:

Trouble
27-08-2009, 08:15 PM
We had Metallica- Nothing Else Matters for the 1st dance at our wedding

I love George Michael - Different Corner

And also loving Peter Andre but havent heard the song yet :laughing:

its a must ill find it:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jWuz2jm2WU hope it works

Gizmo
27-08-2009, 08:21 PM
its a must ill find it:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jWuz2jm2WU hope it works

mmm not bad but he kept his shirt on would have enjoyed the song soooo much more without it :laughing:

Trouble
27-08-2009, 08:22 PM
mmm not bad but he kept his shirt on would have enjoyed the song soooo much more without it :laughing:

:eek: :D :blush:

Noodles
27-08-2009, 08:35 PM
My all time fav song has to be dance with my father again.
It brings tears to my eyes every time i hear it and my dad is still here dont think i could listen to it if he wasnt.

Another fav is butterfly kisses by michael bolton

Forum Widower
27-08-2009, 08:49 PM
Love so many songs and couldn't possibly pick a favourite but picking a song for meaning is a doddle - Aerosmith, Don't Want to Miss a Thing. Quickly became mine and Blaze's song after we first met and we had it as the song for the first dance when we got married :D

Gizmo
27-08-2009, 09:02 PM
Love so many songs and couldn't possibly pick a favourite but picking a song for meaning is a doddle - Aerosmith, Don't Want to Miss a Thing. Quickly became mine and Blaze's song after we first met and we had it as the song for the first dance when we got married :D

awww aint that sweet

butterflyAdam
27-08-2009, 09:23 PM
There are so many songs I love, I couldn't name them all!

Anything 80s as it just takes me back to my teenage years!
I too knew all the dance moves to Agadoo and was entertaining my kids with them on Saturday lol!
From this moment - Shania Twain - was our first dance at our wedding.
Don't want to miss a thing - Aerosmith - absolutely love.
Father and Son - Boyzone and Autumn Leaves/Somewhere over the Rainbow by Eva Cassidy- these are my little angel Adam's songs, we lost him when he was 4 weeks old.
Mull of Kintyre - Reminds me of my Grandad as my brother and me used to sing it for him!
And too many more to mention!

Eleanor x

Trouble
27-08-2009, 09:58 PM
There are so many songs I love, I couldn't name them all!

Anything 80s as it just takes me back to my teenage years!
I too knew all the dance moves to Agadoo and was entertaining my kids with them on Saturday lol!
From this moment - Shania Twain - was our first dance at our wedding.
Don't want to miss a thing - Aerosmith - absolutely love.
Father and Son - Boyzone and Autumn Leaves/Somewhere over the Rainbow - these are my little angel Adam's songs, we lost him when he was 4 weeks old.
Mull of Kintyre - Reminds me of my Grandad as my brother and me used to sing it for him!
And too many more to mention!

Eleanor x

love father and son

big hugs xxxxx

PixiePetal
27-08-2009, 10:20 PM
and the change
we shall be free
the thunder rolls.......... the LONG version :D :clapping: :laughing:

Thats it, I know what I will be listening to while I do the cleaning tomorrow! :clapping: :D :thumbsup:

angeldelight
28-08-2009, 06:17 AM
Loved hearing what everyone likes and I had forgot I like a lot of them too so have been downloading them on my ipod ha ha

Angel xx

cabby
28-08-2009, 07:49 AM
OMG i would be so embarressed if i ever lost or had my ipod stolen, it is full of 80's cheesy pop, mainly erasure ( love them), pet shop boys, maddonna and wham:blush: to name but a few:happy banana: :happy banana: :happy banana:

Hebs
28-08-2009, 07:52 AM
Thats it, I know what I will be listening to while I do the cleaning tomorrow! :clapping: :D :thumbsup:

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

LOOPYLISA
28-08-2009, 07:56 AM
OMG i would be so embarressed if i ever lost or had my ipod stolen, it is full of 80's cheesy pop, mainly erasure ( love them), pet shop boys, maddonna and wham:blush: to name but a few:happy banana: :happy banana: :happy banana:

I would be in tears if i ever lost mine :eek:

angeldelight
28-08-2009, 08:02 AM
I would be in tears if i ever lost mine :eek:

Same here

Angel xx

emler
28-08-2009, 08:24 AM
And here! My brother says if anyone ever stole my ipod they would return it as soon as they heard my music! :rolleyes:

angeldelight
28-08-2009, 09:10 AM
And here! My brother says if anyone ever stole my ipod they would return it as soon as they heard my music! :rolleyes:

Oh that is nice

So just what do you have on it Emler ?

Angel xx

emler
28-08-2009, 02:57 PM
A totally random mix :laughing: U2, Take That, Rod the Bod Stewart, Madonna, Robbie (of course), The Script, The Drifters, Kylie, Enrique, Westlife, The beatles, Bryan Adams, Justin Timberlake, Wham, Oasis, Billy Ocean, Gorillaz, Stereophonics, Texas, Girls Aloud - to name a few :laughing:

Angela234
28-08-2009, 04:55 PM
It's hard to think of fav songs but

1 would be "No matter what" Boyzone my son went to a school unit for children with learning disabilities and one christmas the children all sang this after their play brought tears to my eyes

I also like "Nothing is going to stop us now" Starship

zillervalley
28-08-2009, 05:30 PM
i am a marc bolan fan , and the cream

ride a white swan

baby face, rod stuart

lots more cant namr all

Blaze
28-08-2009, 05:33 PM
Well FW has already said it - The words are also fitting to how I feel about my kids...so has become a family song now:)

Christina A 's Fighter - some's up how I feel about my life (& is kinda aimed at my Dad - but also all the people that have caused me grief) - I wouldn't change a thing in my life because all of it has made me the strong person I am today!:clapping:

Oh & I don't own a ipod!:eek:

Trouble
28-08-2009, 07:04 PM
i dont have one either:panic: :panic:

wouldnt know what to do with it:blush:

Blaze
28-08-2009, 07:33 PM
LOL Rascal - neither would I!:laughing:

Blaze
28-08-2009, 07:44 PM
OK now I am gonna cause FW possible embarrassment...I also love this - as it reminds me of FW - cause he is & he did!:blush:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhg4J4UzMOk

& this mine because - well let's just say it brings back memories!!!:blush::blush:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSADcB09t_0

as does this::blush: :blush:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=pointer+sisters+slow+hand&search_type=&aq=5&oq=pointer

& this - cause it brings back memories of when we were first dating & we sang it at kareoke!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GKeBGBrc8o

Bitsy Beans
28-08-2009, 09:03 PM
I have so many this is just a snapshot

Melissa - The Allman Brothers. My DD is called Melissa and I just love this song
Nine Million Bicycles - Katie Melua - this was the first song I heard in the car on the way back from hospital after having my son. the lines
"There are six BILLION people in the world
More or less
and it makes me feel quite small
But you're the one I love the most of all" had me sobbing quietly in the back of the car :o

Canon in D - walked down the aisle to this and its such a gorgeous piece of music
Let there be Love - Nat King Cole, Stand by Me - Ben E King - both songs used in our wedding ceremony so have a special place in my heart.

To all the other faves:
Werewolves of London - Warren Zevron
Aerosmith - Janies Got a Gun
Oh My God - Mark Ronson ft Lily Allen
No One Knows - QOTSA
Pretty much everything by Abba :laughing:
Cream - Prince
Sureshot - Beastie Boys
Around the World - Daft Punk
Blue Monday - New Order
Feelin' Good - Nina Simone

~And pretty much anything by Sam Cooke, The B52's, Queen, A-ha, Fleetwood Mac.......you see I could go on all night :laughing:

angeldelight
28-08-2009, 11:24 PM
I have so many this is just a snapshot

Melissa - The Allman Brothers. My DD is called Melissa and I just love this song
Nine Million Bicycles - Katie Melua - this was the first song I heard in the car on the way back from hospital after having my son. the lines
"There are six BILLION people in the world
More or less
and it makes me feel quite small
But you're the one I love the most of all" had me sobbing quietly in the back of the car :o

Canon in D - walked down the aisle to this and its such a gorgeous piece of music
Let there be Love - Nat King Cole, Stand by Me - Ben E King - both songs used in our wedding ceremony so have a special place in my heart.

To all the other faves:
Werewolves of London - Warren Zevron
Aerosmith - Janies Got a Gun
Oh My God - Mark Ronson ft Lily Allen
No One Knows - QOTSA
Pretty much everything by Abba :laughing:
Cream - Prince
Sureshot - Beastie Boys
Around the World - Daft Punk
Blue Monday - New Order
Feelin' Good - Nina Simone

~And pretty much anything by Sam Cooke, The B52's, Queen, A-ha, Fleetwood Mac.......you see I could go on all night :laughing:

That was really greedy a nice long list :laughing:

Angel xx

angeldelight
03-09-2009, 10:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5mtclwloEQ

I heard this the other day and it made me think of some of you who THINK you are sexy :laughing: :laughing:

Angel xx

FussyElmo
04-09-2009, 06:03 AM
Ok I love the Killers Mr Brightside!!!!

I put this song on if I am happy and if I am depressed it cheers me up!!!

James Blunt your beautiful - we listened to this that much in my friends car that my son could sing it as that the time he hardly spoke anything that was comprehensible no nursery rhymes nothing it used to make us cry to hear him!!!

angeldelight
04-09-2009, 06:04 AM
Ok I love the Killers Mr Brightside!!!!

I put this song on if I am happy and if I am depressed it cheers me up!!!

James Blunt your beautiful - we listened to this that much in my friends car that my son could sing it as that the time he hardly spoke anything that was comprehensible no nursery rhymes nothing it used to make us cry to hear him!!!

Love both of those songs

Killers are brill anyway

Angel xx

avril
04-09-2009, 09:47 AM
I love and have to dance to Luther Vandross - Never too much.

This was my first dance when I met hubby and what we had as our wedding song.

Also I love the Richard Marx singing Hazard.

Not that the two are connected hubby and hazard!!!!!!!!!!!!!:laughing: :laughing:

teacake2
04-09-2009, 12:58 PM
Don't get me started on the Killers, I love all of them, the current favourite at the moment though is Spaceman, the mindees all know the song and do some actions to it. I am having withdrawal symptoms now because they are touring the States and I can't go, still 4 times in a few months should be enough to see them shouldn't it?:blush: :blush: :blush:
Teacake 2

nannymcflea
04-09-2009, 02:35 PM
One that put a lump in my throat is:

Savage Garden.... I Knew I Loved You.

One line is;

"I knew I loved you before I met you, I think I dreamed you into life."

I always think about my babies when I hear this song...and usually end up needing tissues!

ORKSIE
04-09-2009, 08:53 PM
This is me and mr o's wedding song :thumbsup: hope you like it to :thumbsup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOC-tuiKNao

angeldelight
04-09-2009, 08:56 PM

One line is;

I always think about my babies when I hear this song...and usually end up needing tissues!

Oh that is a nice song sorry it makes you sad though

Angel xx

angeldelight
04-09-2009, 09:00 PM
This is me and mr o's wedding song :thumbsup: hope you like it to :thumbsup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOC-tuiKNao

I like this

Angel xx

nannymcflea
04-09-2009, 09:03 PM
Oh that is a nice song sorry it makes you sad though

Angel xx

Not sad really...more like emotional...just takes me back to being pregnant and very hormonal. It is a lovely song though.

angeldelight
04-09-2009, 09:05 PM
Not sad really...more like emotional...just takes me back to being pregnant and very hormonal. It is a lovely song though.

Yes I know what you mean

I love the song

Also like this one he was from Savage Garden

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3o9YsRX06U

Angel xxx

mummyroysof3
04-09-2009, 09:07 PM
ive just been listening te the fray and linkin park also like bonjovi and micheal jackson and jls x

ORKSIE
04-09-2009, 09:12 PM

One line is;

Just for you :group hug:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZqFK4dcl2Q

angeldelight
04-09-2009, 09:14 PM
Great song I love that

Angel xx

FussyElmo
04-09-2009, 09:28 PM
Arrrr Darren Hayes?Savage Garden love them!!!

Truely madly deeply was my wedding song!!!

nannymcflea
04-09-2009, 09:29 PM
Just for you :group hug:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZqFK4dcl2Q

OOOOOHHHH thats it,had to turn it off before I started blubbing and Pete asked why!:laughing: Like I need another reason to blub today. He's going to bed in a mo, might put it back on then.

nannymcflea
04-09-2009, 09:30 PM
Yes I know what you mean

I love the song

Also like this one he was from Savage Garden

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3o9YsRX06U

Angel xxx

He is cute,lovely song too.:D

ORKSIE
04-09-2009, 09:31 PM
THIS IS THE FIRST POST FROM MR O :laughing:

Please just take a minute to listen to the lyrics from this song :thumbsup:

"theres a small boat made of china, going nowhere on the mantle piece.
Do I lie like a lounge room lizard, or do I sing like a bird released :eek:
I want a pint of what they had LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIb6I8gtgtw

angeldelight
04-09-2009, 09:31 PM
Arrrr Darren Hayes?Savage Garden love them!!!

Truely madly deeply was my wedding song!!!

Just for you another great song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=US-ZgUr3xQY

Angel xx

Nicki L
04-09-2009, 09:32 PM
Summer of 69 by Bryan Adams cos i love his music.

Anything by Meatloaf

Living on a Prayer by Bon Jovi - and most of his stuff really

Most of Depeche Modes stuff

Throw in a bit of Eddy Grant

Perfect Evening!!!!

angeldelight
04-09-2009, 09:36 PM
Summer of 69 by Bryan Adams cos i love his music.

Anything by Meatloaf

Living on a Prayer by Bon Jovi - and most of his stuff really

Most of Depeche Modes stuff

Throw in a bit of Eddy Grant

Perfect Evening!!!!

Sounds good to me

Angel xx

Nicki L
04-09-2009, 09:42 PM
Sounds good to me

Angel xx

Ah Angel, the first person who doesnt think i am wierd - my husband hates my taste in music. But there again i do listen to Nirvana, Guns n Roses and Alice Cooper aswell!!!!!

angeldelight
04-09-2009, 09:45 PM
Ah Angel, the first person who doesnt think i am wierd - my husband hates my taste in music. But there again i do listen to Nirvana, Guns n Roses and Alice Cooper aswell!!!!!

I like most music to be honest

From Enrique to the killers and kings of leon to old classics

xxxx

ORKSIE
04-09-2009, 09:47 PM
POP QIUZ TIME,,,,
Can anyone tell me where this Lyric comes from..................?

"If i had myself a flying giraffe, you'd have one ina box with a window"

I remember the song, and get an answer when i google the lyrics, but not the answer i was expecting!

nannymcflea
04-09-2009, 09:55 PM
POP QIUZ TIME,,,,

I remember the song, and get an answer when i google the lyrics, but not the answer i was expecting!

Yes dear, go to the cupboard and take the yellow pill...not the pink one...the yellow one..all will become clearer!:laughing:

Nicki L
04-09-2009, 09:57 PM
POP QIUZ TIME,,,,

Its by the stereophonics - cant for the life of me remember the title though x

angeldelight
04-09-2009, 10:00 PM
POP QIUZ TIME,,,,

Is this the song?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McKswZ1Q3T8

Angel xx

Nicki L
04-09-2009, 10:03 PM
Is this the song?

Angel xx

Thats the one i knew it was stereophonics i used to listen to it alot x

ORKSIE
04-09-2009, 10:03 PM
Is this the song?

Angel xx

Yesssssssss thats the one :thumbsup:
What an awsome song :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

ps...... this is mr o lol

ORKSIE
04-09-2009, 10:10 PM
LOL Mr O is helping me with the links....cant do them on my own :laughing:

Pipsqueak
04-09-2009, 10:11 PM
right obviously Take That - a couple of their recent album are really lovely Said it All is one of my favs.

Roxette Must have been love - that was out just as I was splitting up with my first boyfriend (or 2.5yrs), we had lived together for 18 months.

Perfect Day - this was playing on the radio when Rob was born

Paradise City - guns n' roses LOVE Axels voice, the swaying hips and the guitar

I can see clearly now the rain has gone - want this played at my funeral

Don't Worry - Bob Marley

Poison - Alice Cooper - I adore Alice

oh and loads of others

angeldelight
04-09-2009, 10:14 PM
right obviously Take That - a couple of their recent album are really lovely Said it All is one of my favs.

Roxette Must have been love - that was out just as I was splitting up with my first boyfriend (or 2.5yrs), we had lived together for 18 months.

Perfect Day - this was playing on the radio when Rob was born

Paradise City - guns n' roses LOVE Axels voice, the swaying hips and the guitar

I can see clearly now the rain has gone - want this played at my funeral

Don't Worry - Bob Marley

Poison - Alice Cooper - I adore Alice

oh and loads of others

Like most of them

Oh I dont want to know what you want at your funeral I will not be able to listen to that song now with out thinking that :laughing:
Silly pip xxx

Nicki L
Thank you all so so much - i am NOT wierd!!!!!!!!!:laughing:

angeldelight
I like this

I want a go on that slide

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdXCcQZB06s

Nicki L
04-09-2009, 10:15 PM
Like most of them

Oh I dont want to know what you want at your funeral I will not be able to listen to that song now with out thinking that :laughing:
Silly pip xxx

I have always said i want Blaze of glory - bon jovi played at mine x

Pipsqueak
04-09-2009, 10:16 PM
Thank you all so so much - i am NOT wierd!!!!!!!!!:laughing:

yes you are - you are just like us!

sorry Angel xxx:blush:

Nicki L
04-09-2009, 10:17 PM
yes you are - you are just like us!

sorry Angel xxx:blush:

:clapping: :laughing: :laughing:

angeldelight
04-09-2009, 10:19 PM
I have always said i want Blaze of glory - bon jovi played at mine x

At my sisters funeral a few weeks back we had status quo - rocking all over the world
It was she had always wanted and thats what she said she would be doing up in heaven and I hope she is

Angel xx

Nicki L
04-09-2009, 10:21 PM
At my sisters funeral a few weeks back we had status quo - rocking all over the world
It was she had always wanted and thats what she said she would be doing up in heaven and I hope she is

Angel xx

Sorry Angel, i didnt think before i wrote that xx

Pipsqueak
04-09-2009, 10:22 PM
Bet she is - or else she is sitting there giggling her head of at you!!!!

angeldelight
04-09-2009, 10:23 PM
Sorry Angel, i didnt think before i wrote that xx

Oh no dont be sorry

Yeah pip she thought I was mad and she would be laughing now I am sure

xxxx

angeldelight
04-09-2009, 10:27 PM
I like this

I want a go on that slide

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdXCcQZB06s

So would anyone else like a go on that slide ?

xx

Nicki L
04-09-2009, 10:28 PM
So would anyone else like a go on that slide ?

xx

I have always wanted a go on that slide - BUT my bum is that big i wouldnt slide!!!!!

angeldelight
04-09-2009, 10:30 PM
I have always wanted a go on that slide - BUT my bum is that big i wouldnt slide!!!!!

Yeah I would prob just get one leg down it

:laughing: :laughing:

angeldelight
04-09-2009, 11:09 PM
I love this song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoQ8pbtC5d0

Angel xx

angeldelight
04-09-2009, 11:16 PM
Here it is Orksy just for you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FmPhJkdTwU

Angel xxx

ORKSIE
04-09-2009, 11:19 PM
Here it is Orksy just for you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FmPhJkdTwU

Angel xxx

Bless ya!!
Am Listening as i type:thumbsup:

CherryBlossom
06-09-2009, 04:29 PM
MY favourite song is probably..
Marvin Gaye- I heard it through the grapevine..loved it for years.

The song that remind me of the OH is a beautiful song by The Cranberries-No need to argue...we split up a for a little while about a year and a half ago and I put the song on myspace (being all depressive) and he got back in contract with me and said it was true for us and that we should stop being silly etc...arrr (cringe you are probably all thinking lol) but not lnog after we got back together.

My favourite all time band are the The Smiths so any song by them!

x

emler
06-09-2009, 06:38 PM
I love this song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoQ8pbtC5d0

Angel xx

Love love love that song Angel - did I mention I've seen them live??? :laughing:

Tatia
06-09-2009, 07:14 PM
Stairway To Heaven - because it's such a beautiful, classic song and it touches my soul and speaks to my spiritual beliefs.

Three Little Birds by Bob Marley -'singing don't worry about a thing cos every little thing is gonna be alright' :D because it always makes me happy!!!

While My Guitar Gently Weeps by The Beatles

In My Life - The Beatles - so haunting and beautiful

Imagine - my life's anthem

Amaranth
07-09-2009, 07:42 PM
One of my all time favourite songs (for no particular reason other than I just really like it!!) is November rain by Guns N Roses. I love the video for it too.

Some of my other favourites are
Firehouse - love of a lifetime (this is sort of mine & hubbys song)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p61Q_DOwtps

Red hot chili peppers - under the bridge
Shinedown - second chance and devour
Dragonforce - heroes of our time and last journey home
Nightwish - Amaranth (guess where I got my name from??!!!! ) the poet and the pendulum and bye bye beautiful

Also lots of others like Avenged Sevenfold, bon jovi, whitesnake, metallica, ozzy, evanessence
Ooh I could go on all night, but better stop now!! :blush:

Bit of a rock chick me! :D

tanda
07-09-2009, 08:54 PM
Everything I do (Robin Hood song):) Our first dance

kindredspirits
07-09-2009, 09:33 PM
my fav song of all time is alone again naturally - by gilbert o'sullivan - sums me up (thats depressing)
followed by mollies song by beverly craven and then if you're not the one by daniel bedingfield (mine and dh's song)
oh and silence because thats what surfings about to me! :thumbsup:

Trouble
07-09-2009, 09:36 PM
One of my all time favourite songs (for no particular reason other than I just really like it!!) is November rain by Guns N Roses. I love the video for it too.

Some of my other favourites are
Firehouse - love of a lifetime (this is sort of mine & hubbys song)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p61Q_DOwtps

Red hot chili peppers - under the bridge
Shinedown - second chance and devour
Dragonforce - heroes of our time and last journey home
Nightwish - Amaranth (guess where I got my name from??!!!! ) the poet and the pendulum and bye bye beautiful

Also lots of others like Avenged Sevenfold, bon jovi, whitesnake, metallica, ozzy, evanessence
Ooh I could go on all night, but better stop now!! :blush:

Bit of a rock chick me! :D

hhhhmmm youve miss a band off?????????:rolleyes: