PDA

View Full Version : Galaxy V SMax - the winner was.......

uf353432
27-08-2009, 07:49 AM
ME!!!

:clapping:

We got the galaxy whoot! husband conceded that I was indeed right and it was the better choice :) I'm always right of course - not sure why he thought he could prove otherwise lol!

Minstrel
27-08-2009, 07:54 AM
Congrats on the new car- i'm so glad you said galaxy cos thats what i want!

helenlc
27-08-2009, 12:38 PM
I have a Galaxy. I love it, its so comfortable to drive and love all the seats. We take the back 2 out easily for camping, tip runs, etc.

I struggle to it my Maclaren Twin Techno in so am now saving up for a Phil & Teds as this fits in the back folded up with the front wheel positioned in between the back seats when up.

This is what I am telling hubby - my justification being that its cheaper for me to get a P& T than it is to get a new car to accomodate my Twin Techno!!!:laughing:

sarah707
27-08-2009, 05:33 PM
Lucky you! Enjoy! :D

pinklady
27-08-2009, 05:45 PM
Enjoy your new wheels hun:thumbsup:

Cazz
27-08-2009, 09:47 PM
Enjoy your new car. :clapping:

I have to say I like the look of the S Max (although I've nothing against Galaxy's either!). What were the reasons for choosing the Galaxy?

When we can afford to buy another car there's a good chance I would go for one of the above so I would be interested to know.

uf353432
27-08-2009, 10:17 PM
Well Cazz we did extensive research on both - as they are to all intents and purposes the same car with a different shaped rear resulting in slightly bigger boot space on the Galaxy.

The rear seats on the Galaxy are on rails which means you can get an extra 10-15cm boot space - which as all us ladies know - size does matter :blush:

Also the Galaxy has arm rests - where as the SMAX doesn't and having driven a car for the past 5 years with arm rests its hard to underestimate how important they are for your comfort when driving.

The SMAX is prettier - looks and drives more like a car, the Galaxy is a tad softer on the suspension - but I have to say on the 17 inch alloys - the different is negliable.

The deal on the day swung it for us - the Galaxy was a couple of grand cheaper AND came with the panoramic glass roof. In either the Galaxy or the SMax without it - its like driving in a cave - so it should definately be on your wish list.

At the end of the day Galaxy is named after a bar of chocolate and Smax is an anagram for Xmas - I of course love both - but given the choice i'd have choc every day :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Tinglesnark
28-08-2009, 07:42 AM
oh thanks for the review! were having the same argument in this house x enjoy your motor! x

Cazz
28-08-2009, 11:35 PM
Well Cazz we did extensive research on both - as they are to all intents and purposes the same car with a different shaped rear resulting in slightly bigger boot space on the Galaxy.

The rear seats on the Galaxy are on rails which means you can get an extra 10-15cm boot space - which as all us ladies know - size does matter :blush:

Also the Galaxy has arm rests - where as the SMAX doesn't and having driven a car for the past 5 years with arm rests its hard to underestimate how important they are for your comfort when driving.

The SMAX is prettier - looks and drives more like a car, the Galaxy is a tad softer on the suspension - but I have to say on the 17 inch alloys - the different is negliable.

The deal on the day swung it for us - the Galaxy was a couple of grand cheaper AND came with the panoramic glass roof. In either the Galaxy or the SMax without it - its like driving in a cave - so it should definately be on your wish list.

At the end of the day Galaxy is named after a bar of chocolate and Smax is an anagram for Xmas - I of course love both - but given the choice i'd have choc every day :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I like it! I'll keep all those points in mind!!

If you ever want a change of career you should consider a job on Top Gear :laughing:

emmadines
30-08-2009, 08:20 AM
well done on getting your car, its a great feeling isnt it, i just got my smax beginning of july and its fab, the seats fold flat leaving plenty of room to fit things in.

the galaxy and the smax are pretty mush the same car the main diff is at the back of the car on an smax slops down a little (its not a big diff to be truthful.)