PDA

View Full Version : Which toys do you consider essential?

venus89
27-08-2009, 07:25 AM
I got a lovely letter from the taxman yesterday telling me that he actually owes me money - only a few pounds but I'd rather that than me owing him..... So the money I had saved up for paying my taxes I figure I can now invest in my business as I've not spent much onm it over the last month at all (the mindee I have had the last few weeks is Barbie obsessed and we have plenty of those)

Do you have any toys you consider indispensible for the 6month to 3 year age range? What couldn't you do without? I plan to replace the toy kitchen crockery and cutlery, would like to get some more Little Peopls - beyond that I'm not sure and I'm happy to spend a couple of hundred pounds

CCJD
27-08-2009, 07:38 AM
The most played with toys in my setting:
Outside: Playhouse
Inside: toy kitchen, brio traintrack (which I have stuck down onto an big MDF board to prevent the track breaking up every 5 mins), Dolls house. Arts and crafts - always done at plastic Ikea table which is ideal.
Happy Spending.

venus89
27-08-2009, 07:40 AM
Thankyou!

I like the idea of sticking the train track down - we always get our sets pulled apart by the baby as soon as they're made!

angiemog
27-08-2009, 08:20 AM
The most played with toys in my setting:
Outside: Playhouse
Inside: toy kitchen, brio traintrack (which I have stuck down onto an big MDF board to prevent the track breaking up every 5 mins), Dolls house. Arts and crafts - always done at plastic Ikea table which is ideal.
Happy Spending.

What did you use to stick your track down with? x

uf353432
27-08-2009, 08:41 AM
good quality story books, kitchen and all the bits that go in it, dolls house, cars, trains, wooden blocks, rollarounds and anything they can use for transporting play schema - pushchairs, trolleys, bags, buckets etc.

margimum
27-08-2009, 08:45 AM
My favourite is stickle bricks!!
It is durable and it can be anything children want it to be:clapping: :clapping:

Gherkin
27-08-2009, 10:00 AM
We have:

Duplo - all ages love it
Wooden blocks (ours are ELC ones)
Happyland - again all ages play with it
Click clack dolls - don't think this is there real name but they are fisher price dolls that have plastic clothes to click on them.
Dressing up items - we have loads of hats and masks
I need a new toy kitchen but want one that is compact!!!!
Tent

Dotty
27-08-2009, 10:27 AM
The most used toys are the easel from Ikea and cars.

Even the older children use these (and they are 8 and 11!!)

Have a nice spend x

:clapping:

MissTinkerbell
27-08-2009, 10:32 AM
In our setting it is

Fairy sets from ELC
Magnetic car sets from ELC
Dolls house
Dolls and dolls clothes
Wooden train set
Duplo and wooden bricks
Wooden geo puzzles

CCJD
27-08-2009, 01:15 PM
What did you use to stick your track down with? x

Hi, stuck it down with "no nails" glue. I then painted the mdf board with poster paints and created grass, bushes, flowers and a pond.it took me ages to work the optimum use of track on the board but eventually created a complex but great track which includes circle, 2 bridges, a tunnel and an engine shed. As it is on a board when it is not in use I stand it up beside the sofa against the wall.

georgie456
27-08-2009, 01:48 PM
Hi, stuck it down with "no nails" glue. I then painted the mdf board with poster paints and created grass, bushes, flowers and a pond.it took me ages to work the optimum use of track on the board but eventually created a complex but great track which includes circle, 2 bridges, a tunnel and an engine shed. As it is on a board when it is not in use I stand it up beside the sofa against the wall.

This sounds brilliant - I don't suppose you could put a photo of it on here for us?

Kes
27-08-2009, 02:06 PM
Our's is cars,
guttering to roll the cars down.
craft stuff, especially air drying clay.
books
wooden post box from ELC.

Have fun spending your money.
Kerry

The Juggler
27-08-2009, 02:55 PM
if you've got spare cash, then I always fancied investing in proper outdoor wet weather suits.

CherryBlossom
27-08-2009, 03:00 PM
This is a handy post for me, as I have to start from scratch with toys etc..and wasn't sure what to buy!
I have no idea what age my mindees will be..but want to be somewhat prepared.
I like the idea of a toy kitchen as that seems popular, and for various age groups :)

SandCastles
27-08-2009, 03:23 PM
MegaBloks
I have enough maxi bricks to build a house, with garden and trees, fences, arches, bridges and vehicles. I have megablok animals, people, wheels, flag pole and flags and a winnie the pooh train set and track. It is all mixed up in a big box and everyone likes to build. I build towers for the babies to knock over and build blaster guns for my schoolers to role play with. I hope they never grow to big for them.

ELC

The magnetic cars are always pulled out of the toy box along with Thomas and Percy Engines.

I like the idea of gluing some track onto a board, it will save my hours of reconnecting and less tears.

CCJD
27-08-2009, 03:27 PM
This sounds brilliant - I don't suppose you could put a photo of it on here for us?

Hope that worked.

ZoeAlli
27-08-2009, 04:06 PM
Wow! Love the train board and track CCJD.
Toys we use most are trains- wooden & take- along, Duplo, cars and the play kitchen and food!

mspooner
06-02-2018, 03:48 PM
Hi I have my pre reg visit on Thursday!! So nervous!!

I have 2 sons aged 9 yrs and 17 months! So I have a big gap and a variety of toys.

Any recommendations? :)

Dragonfly
08-02-2018, 01:06 PM
Ccjd guess who’s going to be sticking her train track down?Thank you for sharing with us.