PDA

View Full Version : Did my first day of child minding today !!!!

Mel09
26-08-2009, 07:59 PM
Hi All,

I am new to this site so hi to everyone !

I had my settling in day today with my first ever mindee and it went really well ! I did get a bit flustered as my son is just turned 1 and she is 9 months so can't be left on her own at all (whereas I can put my little one in the play pen) so I kept on thinking right now how do I do this etc.... but I got there in the end and she ate all her lunch and went for her nap ok, phew !!!!

I think my son found it hard as he can be a bit clingy (and is also teething) so just wants me all the time, but he use to enjoy nursery so I am hoping he will adjust pretty quickly. Did you find this with your childen at first. I think it will be good for him to have other children here.

I only had her for 4 hours but have her for 3 full days in the next week or so.

Did you all feel really nervous as well at first, I am excited and nervous at the same time. Hope to chat more on the various threads !

Mel :)

Monkey1
26-08-2009, 08:02 PM
Congratulations on making it through the first day!:thumbsup:

grindal
26-08-2009, 08:22 PM
Congrats on making it through your first day. I started with my first ever mindee back in April, he was only with me for 6 weeks, but is starting again full time next week. He is coming tomorrow for a ""reminder"" settling in session! I find it takes a couple of weeks for my own children to adjust to a new mindee, and mine have had me, my husband and granny and grandad around for the last few weeks :eek:

sarah707
26-08-2009, 08:26 PM
Yes it can be tough on your own child sharing you but it's good life experience and they are benefiting from you being home.

Hope next week goes as well as today for you! :D