PDA

View Full Version : Rules for the children

butterflyAdam
26-08-2009, 05:20 PM
Hi

Was just wondering do any of you draw up rules for the children when they start with you, ie being nice to each other, looking after toys, tidying up etc?

Was planning to sit down with my two mindees and my two youngest and making up some rules.

Any thoughts and ideas would be appreciated.

Eleanor x

balloon
26-08-2009, 05:37 PM
All mine are positive, short and to the point:

Kind hands
kind feet
walking feet indoors
indoor voices in the house
listen properly
teeth are for eating
HAVE FUN!

little miss chatterbox
26-08-2009, 05:40 PM
Hi

I sat down with mine when we drew up our house rules and and said to them that I wanted to make some rules that we all need to stick to including me (they liked that bit!) and asked them what they thought they should be doing and what the rules should be. Obviously they need to be old enough to know!

but they said everything i was hoping they'd say - take off shoes, don't jump on sofa, be nice to each other and share!!!!!!

They have great delight in telling me off when I walk through the house with my shoes on!

sarah707
26-08-2009, 06:05 PM
You've been given some great ideas there!

Remember though to keep them positive and call them goals, not rules... they are positive behaviour goals.

Ofsted will like that better! :D

little miss chatterbox
26-08-2009, 06:21 PM
oh i like that sarah707 might have to reword mine!!!!

Thanks xx

jaytravis
26-08-2009, 06:34 PM
tinas trio websitr has a list u can print off with some good ones

butterflyAdam
26-08-2009, 07:20 PM
Thanks everyone for the great tips.

The Tina's Trio website was great. Have mindees tomorrow for settling in day so will do the behavour colouring in and behaviour policy if the 2 eldest aren't exhausted. They are back to school tomorrow :eek:

E x

FussyElmo
26-08-2009, 09:16 PM
Also we were told on a course no more than five goals!!!!

I also get the children to help with writing them and its their rules not mine!!!