PDA

View Full Version : Large Expenses?

helenlc
26-08-2009, 04:56 PM
What is the most you have spent or would spend on something for childminding?

I am considering getting a Phil & Teds double. I have been outbid on a few on Ebay that have gone over £150. I am willing to spend the £150.

But I do wonder whether I may as well push the boat and get a new one - Kiddicare have them for £319.

Just not sure I can justify to self (and hubby:blush: ) of such a large layout. (I do have a Twin techno to sell which I would like £100 for which would contribute to cost of P & T. I also need to chase up payment for creche work I did MONTHS ago that is about £140 so this would be almost the amount anyway). This would then be my only pushchair as it fits the bill of being a double and single that I will use daily.

I currently earn about £220ish a week and could have a baby starting in September which would give me another £100 possibly.

I was just curious about spending lots on one thing and justifying it. (Looking for reassurance on spending that amount of money really!!!:laughing: )

haribo
26-08-2009, 05:04 PM
i wouldnt try and justify it if its going to make life easier and you can spare that much ,,, might have to fib to hubby if i was spending that much lol but only cos he wouldnt see the benefit :laughing: i bought a mothercare twin for around 120 pounds and my back is paying the price now. would spend more if i knew would be easier to push :panic: sounds like you almost have enough now so i would go for it :thumbsup:

FizzysFriends
26-08-2009, 05:10 PM
I am buying the one in the Kiddicare sale next week, Im justifying it by thinking they hold their value quite well.

TheBTeam
26-08-2009, 05:14 PM
I spent around £600 on my easylife duosport, but this is for my business with my dh and we had 4 needing a pushchair and for one of us to be able to cope with all pushing leaving the other to move freely was well worth the money.

It was only around a weeks money for us at the time so not too bad to justify. Lost a few of the kids just as we bought it though, but it is still great to have

Alibali
26-08-2009, 05:18 PM
I'd love one but can't really justify it as I only have one under the age of 2 1/2 and the 2 1/2 year old walks well. I'll hold off till I need one and hope the price comes down. I'd defo of bought one 3 years ago when I had 3 under 15 months full time.

If you need one now I'd go for it, think of your back:)

MissTinkerbell
26-08-2009, 06:19 PM
I'd go for it. I have one and its been worth every single penny. Mine was bought for my twins, 3 years ago and is still going strong and about to go through the second mindee.

helenlc
26-08-2009, 06:46 PM
They do seem to be holding their money on Ebay second hand. Hence why I thought I might go for a new one for a little more money. I do plan to be minding at least another 2 years until my daughter finishes Primary school so will be using it at least 2 yrs. (I have friends who are minders that got into when their children were at school and are still going 20 yrs later so never say never!)

I have a Twin Techno at the moment but find it hurts my wrists where the handles are at funny angles. It also doesnt fit in my Galaxy with all seats up - whereas I have been reliably informed that a P & T does.

I also alternate between single and double pushchairs - often having both in my car at the same time (and having to have both back seats down to accomodate this). The P&T means I can just have one in there. Thats the angle I am going to use with Hubby!!!:laughing:

buildingblocks
27-08-2009, 01:07 PM
What is the most you have spent or would spend on something for childminding?

I am considering getting a Phil & Teds double. I have been outbid on a few on Ebay that have gone over £150. I am willing to spend the £150.

But I do wonder whether I may as well push the boat and get a new one - Kiddicare have them for £319.

Just not sure I can justify to self (and hubby:blush: ) of such a large layout. (I do have a Twin techno to sell which I would like £100 for which would contribute to cost of P & T. I also need to chase up payment for creche work I did MONTHS ago that is about £140 so this would be almost the amount anyway). This would then be my only pushchair as it fits the bill of being a double and single that I will use daily.

I currently earn about £220ish a week and could have a baby starting in September which would give me another £100 possibly.

I was just curious about spending lots on one thing and justifying it. (Looking for reassurance on spending that amount of money really!!!:laughing: )

I would warrant spending it on a Phil and Ted's. I would really love one and always buy my pushchairs brand new. I can't warrant buying one though at the moment as I have a double buggy, a sky Marco, and two singles so no room and hubby would hit the roof if I bought another.