PDA

View Full Version : How rude of me! Better introduce myself

Vyx
26-08-2009, 03:58 PM
Hi Folks

I have posted in here already but I thought I'd better introduce myself properly.

I am 32 and live in Cheshire with my long suffering husband, Martin. I'm probably in the childminding minority as we don't have children of our own. Looking at childminding as a career as I want something much more rewarding than my repetitive admin job and if we do ever have children of our own (should Hell freeze over - my husband has never wanted a family) then we would struggle financially as we wouldn't be able to afford childcare and we can't afford for me to stay at home, a 'catch 22' situation I know many families are in.

Despite Martin not wanting children of his own, he is supportive of my possible career change. He has known several childminders over the years and knows it can be a very rewarding and financially viable profession.

I haven't even been to a pre-reg briefing yet (am waiting for details) so I know I have a very long way to go, but judging by several posts here about the length of time it can take to get registered I am not making too many plans just yet and will just try and let things take their course.

So there's me :) Will carry on mooching through the forums (some great info) and see what happens :)

Btw, what is a 'lo'? it's driving me mad I've figured out a lot of abbreviations such as DH and SO but that one has me stumped! LOL.

Many thanks for taking the time read this post.

Vyx
xx

sarah707
26-08-2009, 04:34 PM
LO is little one!

Welcome to the forum - I'm in Cheshire too! :D

Tatjana
26-08-2009, 07:10 PM
Hello and welcome!

I bet you'll manage to convince Martin of how great a dad he would make :thumbsup:

Good luck in the journey of becoming a childminder.

There's a few on here that don't have their own children either, so you're definately not alone on that!

xx

It's a small world
26-08-2009, 07:23 PM
Hi

Welcome to the forum...:waving:

Vyx
26-08-2009, 07:43 PM
Sarah

Ahhhhh little one, get it now :) Whereabouts in Cheshire, if you don't mind me asking?

Tatjana

That's the thing, I reckon he would make a GREAT Dad. I never wanted kids either, then my flippin bodyclock woke up!

Kerry Louise

Many thankies for the welcome.

Monkey1
26-08-2009, 07:52 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum!:thumbsup:

Daddy Day Care
26-08-2009, 09:36 PM
Hi Vyx

Welcoem to the forum :D

You might want to check this post out if the abbreviations are driving you mad

http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=38990&highlight=abbreviations

Gareth
xx

mumof4
26-08-2009, 09:46 PM
Hi, Im also in cheshire, there is a few on here!
Good luck in your journey, childminding is the best job ive ever done:D

Pipsqueak
27-08-2009, 12:00 AM
Hi and welcome

angeldelight
27-08-2009, 06:18 AM
Hello and welcome to the forum

Good luck with the childminding hope it works out

Chat soon

Angel xx

Vyx
27-08-2009, 06:41 AM
Many thanks for all the welcomes. What a lovely forum!

Gareth - Cheers for that link hun :)

xx

estrelas
27-08-2009, 08:32 AM
Hi i'm also in Cheshire

Great career choice I've been minding six months now and loving it x

Pippa31
27-08-2009, 09:58 AM
Morning

Good luck with the change of jobs I am sure you will never look back......

As for children I am one of those who was never having kids and here I am with 4 of my own!! And now minding.......

Life has a funny way of turning out :)

buildingblocks
27-08-2009, 02:22 PM
I am in the same position as you with no children of my own sadly due to circumstances as me and hubby would both love children. We have been trying for 12 years now so have given up on that possibility.

On the plus side it does mean I can fill my full allocation of spaces.