PDA

View Full Version : Pre-reg visit booked...

mrsbish01
26-08-2009, 03:08 PM
Hi Everyone

Im so relieved that the inspector called today to book an appointment for inspection this tuesday, which is great cos i was worried it would be weeks away, but now im starting to worry :panic:

Another lady i know had a pre-reg inspection last week and the inspector seemed very relaxed about the whole visit, only asked 1 question out of each each area and didnt pick out any of the things id certainly be concerned about as a parent, like a fire grate around an old style hearth - when my lil boy was 12months he climbed onto the hearth and pulled the loose grate down onto his fingers... it was awful but she didnt point this out to be covered, plus a little trip into the sharp edged stone hearth and my god it could do some damage!!!

In a way i was hoping it was the same lady as i thought it would be more relaxed but now im glad its a different one as id rather they pointed out things for me to rectify than a child gets hurt!!

Any tips for me during the inspection as i am new to childcare and all help appreciated???

xxx

Daddy Day Care
26-08-2009, 10:05 PM
Just relax and be yourself, I know its easy to say that I was worrying soooo much, I was shaking when i saw her car pull up but its really not that bad.

They dont expect you to know everything, they dont expect you to have every policy done.

Im sure you will be fine, let us know how you get on

Gareth
xx

mama2three
27-08-2009, 06:19 AM
my pre-reg mrs offsted was very relaxed , but quite thorough. she was much more interested in my attitude to risk and whether i could assess things myself than what the 'actual' risks were. she said she could come today and then tomorrow everything could be different , and she could see that i was very able to spot and assess risks. In general if youve gone through the preparing for your pre-reg booklet then youve covered all the areas she might ask you questions about - and tbh she tended to answer a lot of her own questions anyway! try not to worry , easier said than done i know , i was really anxious but it was absolutely fine - in fact the time flew. Good Luck , kath x

mrsbish01
27-08-2009, 10:37 AM
Thanks both, I had a lady come round this morning from the childcare department at the council, who checked the safety aspects and asked me questions the Ofsted inspector would want answered and she was very happy that i could answer them (god know how i remembered anything lol) and said the house was great the way it was.... :clapping:

Im just so nervous that something will go wrong

xx