PDA

View Full Version : enquiry for March/April 2010

Blackhorse
26-08-2009, 01:59 PM
had an email today for 2-3 days from above date.
I see why parents look early for childcare as in some areas it is advised to start when you are just before giving birth so that you can find somewhere..
but it is a difficult position to be in as I dont know what will happen until then.
given my track record of the last 6 moths I should sign her up straight away as I only managed to get one part timer so far...

also she is german...and me being from austria I could talk german to her son and help him along that way too as I would assume he is being raised bilingual as well..and maybe that would be a good thing for my dd too...

so I was thinking of maybe doing it this way:
I can say it is too early to sign and put a deposit down, but I can keep her space in mind and if someone else wants the space I will let her know and then she has the choice of not taking the space or paying me in full for it...so I dont loose out.
then from say christmas onwards we could sign contracts and agree on either deposit or retainer fee (not sure what is more suitable?)

but then she would have to trust me to know that I dont just say ...oh someone wants the space when really they dont just so I get the money?? If even she would be willing to pay it...Or just wait until xmas and see what happens....

kellym3
26-08-2009, 02:10 PM
glade you got an inquiery but its a long way off i would big yourself up about speaking german ect so u are keep in mined and tell her to ring closer to the time hopefully you make a good impression and she rings u up :D in the mean time you could get a full timer with more hours you never know fingers xx

MissTinkerbell
26-08-2009, 02:16 PM
The way I see it you have 2 options:

1. Tell her that as it is so far in advance you are unable to keep a space available for that period of time but ask her to ring back in Jan/Feb and if you still have a space then you will arrange to meet her and see how things go.

Or

2. Explain that you have a space for these 2 days a week but if she wishes to hold that space open until March/April then she must pay you for the priveledge (either full-fees or half-fees) because you could be earning money if another child comes along in the meantime. If she is unwilling to pay then Option 1 is feasible.

I would let her know about you speaking German and how this would be beneficial for the child and hopefully she will then ring you back nearer the time.