PDA

View Full Version : Working from a different address

Chatterbox Childcare
26-08-2009, 12:48 PM
Does anyone live at one place but not work from it?

Thinking about moving the childminding to a separate address but not sure what Ofsted/IR implications there would be.

Anyone shed any light on this?

helenlc
26-08-2009, 01:10 PM
Not sure. I would imagine that as long as its safe and usable for the purpose of minding, then it wouldnt really matter.

Some childminders register and then work alongside another cm at their house, so I would say ok.

Unless you're thinking of the other place being the pub? Not sure they would OK that!!!:laughing:

twiggy
26-08-2009, 01:18 PM
I knew a childminder who worked from the house of a child she minded. She lived with her inlaws so couldn't mind from there and she took on other children to mind as well. Her registration fee was more expensive than normal.

buildingblocks
26-08-2009, 01:19 PM
I thought for it to be classed as childminding someone had to live on the premises otherwise it was classed as Childcare on Non-Domestic Premises

check this out no time to look as children just woken up
http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/Ofsted-home/About-us/How-we-inspect/Childminders/(language)/eng-GB

buildingblocks
26-08-2009, 01:20 PM
I knew a childminder who worked from the house of a child she minded. She lived with her inlaws so couldn't mind from there and she took on other children to mind as well. Her registration fee was more expensive than normal.

Surely that is being a nanny though not a childminder

Chatterbox Childcare
26-08-2009, 02:32 PM
Well been on to Ofsted and I would have to apply as a childcare on non domestic premises and have to go through everything again from registration upwards, have 2 numbers (if I wanted to keep the one from home too) and have 2 inspections. I think not!

Pauline
26-08-2009, 03:38 PM
and have 2 inspections.

:eek: :eek: :panic: :panic:

twiggy
26-08-2009, 04:30 PM
Surely that is being a nanny though not a childminder

She was probably classed as a nanny to the child whose house it was but she then childminded other children from the address so i'm not sure how it worked.

helenlc
26-08-2009, 04:38 PM
and have 2 inspections.

Thats enough to put you off!!

sarah707
26-08-2009, 06:08 PM
Well been on to Ofsted and I would have to apply as a childcare on non domestic premises and have to go through everything again from registration upwards, have 2 numbers (if I wanted to keep the one from home too) and have 2 inspections. I think not!

Oh my word!

Not something to take on lightly then! :panic: