PDA

View Full Version : my first mindee..again

Blackhorse
26-08-2009, 10:21 AM
he was here on monday for a couple of hourse ..his last settling in session.
he had lunch and a nap...he eats for britain even though his mum said he doesnt eat much. she sent 3 bottles along with him (he is 13 months) but coz he had so much food he only had 1/2 of one. he refused to have any more..but he did drink some juice.
then he had a 2 hour nap.
so all is going well and mum is happy that he is eating better but a bit peeved that he doesnt do it at home...she has been trying to reduce his milk intake for a while.

if you remember he is the mindee that is according to mum and GP developing a couple of months behind his age...but seemingly doesnt have any mental or physical problems..(hope that is ok to say)
but I think he will really learn a lot while here..and also copying my dd...

what I was wondering though is the following ( and I am not complaining) is the fact that he doesnt cry when his parents leave...at all. not bothered when they go. equally when they come to pick him up..he doesnt mind sitting on me and not going straight to mum...and I only had him twice so its not like he knows me really well...iyswim my dd would come flying yo me when I come back after a couple of hours.
would you say this is quite common for a child his age not to bother much where his parents are?? and I am worried mum is picking up on this too...like when she asks whether he cried at all...and I say no..she was not happy in a way..like she is sad he didnt miss her...

mrsbish01
26-08-2009, 03:13 PM
My little fella is a real mummys boy, but on the rare occasion i have left him at either of his nannys (he only sees once a month so probably doesnt connect they are close family) he totally ignores me and hubby when we collect him. Id probably be upset if it wasn't so clever of him.

We'll walk in all bright and desperate for a big hug and he will look at us (a sly look on his little face) and then go over to whoever he has been with... he wont sit on me for ages even if i go over and pick him up. Daddy get round him quicker as he tickles or nibbles him and he has to give in cos he's laughing... he makes me really work for his attention, like i've got to earn it after leaving him!!!

This has been since about 9 months and he's 14 months now :)
xx