PDA

View Full Version : ADHD and autism

Zoomie
25-08-2009, 09:30 PM
Hiya

I don't have any experience with either, though we are in the process of getting a diagnosis of ADHD for my DS.

Anyhow, had an enquiry for a child with autism. He is 10, and it is just mornings, waiting for the county transport to take him to his school. I know of the child from afar, as he was in my eldest son's class.

I will obviously get much more info when parent comes and sees me tomorrow, but is my ADHD son likely to really affect this lad with autism ????

Hebs
25-08-2009, 09:35 PM
my son has ADHD as does my 7 year old mindee..... they clash something chronic :(

best buddies one moment worst enimies the next :panic:

sarah707
25-08-2009, 09:39 PM
I would say that until you are all sorted with your son, you need to concentrate on him.

This whole diagnosis and support thing will take a long time and a lot of your effort and energies.

You need to be strong for him, not distracted by someone else's issues just now.

This is not about inclusion, it is about putting your family first.

xx

LOOPYLISA
25-08-2009, 09:39 PM
My stepson has autism and his mate has adhd, they too clash, other times though they can be the best of buddies, got something in common iykwim

Good luck in what you decide x

LOOPYLISA
25-08-2009, 09:40 PM
I would say that until you are all sorted with your son, you need to concentrate on him.

This whole diagnosis and support thing will take a long time and a lot of your effort and energies.

You need to be strong for him, not distracted by someone else's issues just now.

This is not about inclusion, it is about putting your family first.

xx

I do agree :thumbsup: