PDA

View Full Version : photo printing ??

It's a small world
25-08-2009, 08:07 PM
Apart from printing your own photos for EYFS files etc can anyone tell me where the cheapest place to have photos printed is?

I usually do ASDA but wondered if there are any better offers out there?

Good quality as well of course

little miss chatterbox
25-08-2009, 08:21 PM
a lot of companies do free printing (40 free prints) when you register i got some done at jessops, registered online with them and got 40 free prints

Jen

loocyloo
25-08-2009, 08:58 PM
i use truprint.co.uk, you can prepay and get the photos for 5p each.

i like the added bonus that should something happen to our computor or saved discs ( or whatever Dh saves on! ), the photos will still be there!

x

fun house
25-08-2009, 09:22 PM
I print my at home on the printer i was doing normal size pictures but was getting through to much ink so i know print them in wallet size which is much cheaper and the picture is still good enough for the childrens folders.

nannymcflea
25-08-2009, 09:36 PM
I print my at home on the printer i was doing normal size pictures but was getting through to much ink so i know print them in wallet size which is much cheaper and the picture is still good enough for the childrens folders.

I do this too, though do bigger ones for special occasions to send home. Get ink where ever it's on offer....though I know ORKSIE gets a fab deal online on refils (I have yet to try)

childmind04
26-08-2009, 07:04 AM
I needed some yesterday to finish off a mindees file, just got a new pc and had not set up my printer yet so sent dh to Klick, they charged 38p a print :eek:

I usually use whoever is offering the best deal online, if you use the free ones they always send you special offers after that :)

georgie456
26-08-2009, 10:00 AM
I use Photobox. They are cheap and the photos always arrive the next day in the post. I used to print my own, but with the cost of paper and ink, it is cheaper for me to order.

helenlc
26-08-2009, 12:23 PM
I use Boots - its 5p per print if over 200. Currently I think they have an offer on where its 4p if over 200.

I had some done recently, about 220 and it was £10.70.

Great quality, 24 hour service and easier than doing it yourself, personally.

twiggy
26-08-2009, 12:47 PM
I have my internet, tv and phone with Virgin Media they give me 50 free prints a month as I have their XL package via their V Stuff. The first 3 orders are free postage as well. Prior to this I used Snapfish online they provide a really quick service.

rickysmiths
26-08-2009, 01:49 PM
I print my own for my learning journeys on paper.

kellym3
26-08-2009, 01:58 PM
i print my own on paper used to do then using a photo printer but was costing an arm and leg for the ribbons £20 for about 40 pictures:eek: i also use wallet size.

Monkey1
26-08-2009, 02:08 PM
i use boots machine that you do yourself and i always take advantage of their free collage offer, they look fab!

It's a small world
26-08-2009, 02:54 PM
I use Photobox. They are cheap and the photos always arrive the next day in the post. I used to print my own, but with the cost of paper and ink, it is cheaper for me to order.

Did you know this is part of Boots ???

It's a small world
26-08-2009, 03:01 PM
i use boots machine that you do yourself and i always take advantage of their free collage offer, they look fab!

can you get the collages on line or just in store???

louise
26-08-2009, 03:03 PM
I have my internet, tv and phone with Virgin Media they give me 50 free prints a month as I have their XL package via their V Stuff. The first 3 orders are free postage as well. Prior to this I used Snapfish online they provide a really quick service.

Hi, How did you find out about this? We are with Virgin and have XL haven't seen this or is it one of the radom things they only offer to certain customers. Thanks

louise
26-08-2009, 03:06 PM
dont worry found it now.

twiggy
26-08-2009, 04:40 PM
Hi, How did you find out about this? We are with Virgin and have XL haven't seen this or is it one of the radom things they only offer to certain customers. Thanks

Log into your virgin account and go to V Stuff it will probably ask you to download a program. You then need to store photos from your computer to V Stuff a box should appear which you will need to click on to detach it, you then need to go to your photos and drag them into the box. It took me ages to work out what I was doing but I finally figured it out yesterday.

Hope this helps. I didn't know about it either until my friend told me. We are in Devon but I presume it is a national thing.