PDA

View Full Version : Yet another newbie *grin*

Vyx
25-08-2009, 07:48 PM
Hi Y'all!

Sorry to plague you with more newbie questions :laughing:

I am only at the point of having requested details of pre-registration briefing sessions but want to cover off a thing or two before I pursue this any further.

I have had a good ole mooch on the forums and not quite been able to answer my question and I am hoping that someone here can, or at least point me in the right direction to find out the info for myself.

A HUGE consideration for me is my beloved animals and I am trying to find out the rules/limitations/criteria etc about my pets in relation to Offsted visits, primarily of course the pre-reg visit. I have 2 medium sized dogs (a smallish alsation and a "your guess is as good as mine" who is about the size of a spaniel) who I would of course never leave with kids unsupervised etc. I also have 3 parrots. As I live in a small (2 bed end terraced) house, I have limited options for keeping them in separate rooms.

Does all that make sense? Hope someone can help.

Many thanks

Vyx
xx

Pipsqueak
25-08-2009, 08:50 PM
Hello hello and hi.

With regards to your animals - many of us a wide array of animals ranging from dogs to snakes (some people have worms but that is a different thread altogether lol:D ).

So long as you can Risk assess them adequatly and show Ofsted (and potential parents) that they are well cared for (ie groomed, clean, vaccinated what ever is necessary) the supervision around children and the keeping clean of play areas it shouldn't be a problem.

There will always be parents out there who don't want their children near animals - their choice and not a personal slight to you. Many parents love the idea that their children come into contact with animals and its a great selling point and learning experience.

Welcome to the madhouse

sue m
25-08-2009, 09:24 PM
[QUOTE=Pipsqueak;509943]Hello hello and hi.

With regards to your animals - many of us a wide array of animals ranging from dogs to snakes (some people have worms but that is a different thread altogether lol:D ).

That really gave me the giggles Pip, that was brilliant!!!
Hi and welcome Vyx. :D

ORKSIE
25-08-2009, 09:29 PM
some people have worms but that is a different thread altogether lol:D ).

Welcome to the madhouse
See what we have to deal with! on the forum, I mean:eek:
:laughing: :laughing:
WELCOME, HOPE YOU LEARN LOTS AND HAVE AN AMAZING AMOUNT OF FUN! Ooop caps sorry, didnt mean to shout!:laughing:

Pipsqueak
25-08-2009, 09:35 PM
WELCOME, HOPE YOU LEARN LOTS AND HAVE AN AMAZING AMOUNT OF FUN! Ooop caps sorry, didnt mean to shout!:laughing:

she did!!!!:littleangel: :rolleyes:

Pipsqueak
25-08-2009, 09:36 PM
[QUOTE=Pipsqueak;509943]Hello hello and hi.

That really gave me the giggles Pip, that was brilliant!!!
Hi and welcome Vyx. :D

see you lot would miss me if I went away on holiday and didn't take you with me!!!!:D

Vyx
26-08-2009, 07:11 AM
You're all completely mad! Excellent! lol

Nice to know about the animals, although I'm sure the worms would affect an Ofsted inspection.

I did find some more threads about animals on here last night (it's amazing how much more effective forum searches are when you are not sneaking on the forum at work and you have to keep minimizing the screen coz your boss has walked in! LOL)

Many thanks for the welcomes too.

Vyx
xx