PDA

View Full Version : Quandry over turning down potential work.

Bitsy Beans
25-08-2009, 06:12 PM
I've had an email enquiring after 2 days a week for a 10 month old baby. My own daughter is 13 months and very demanding so the thought of another one in similar age fills me with dread TBH :o
I only have one mindee one day a week at the mo so am not earning very much. My son loves my mindee and has great fun playing with her as she's only a year younger.
I feel bad turning down potential work due to the money aspect but I would really in my heart of hearts prefer an older child as they are more indpendent.
How do you reconcile with yourself about turning down work even though the money would be handy :(

uf353432
25-08-2009, 06:18 PM
thing is they are only demanding for such a short period of time - and would be a useful playmate for your daughter.

I haven't had to reconcile turning down work really - I simply said yes to everything until I was full and now I turn people down because I don't have spaces.

Remember children get older very fast and as such are usually only in a particular phase for a short period.

Bitsy Beans
25-08-2009, 06:33 PM
I get what you mean about them being demanding for a short while (although daughter seems to have been like this for ages ;))
But whilst my daughter is demanding in the physcial sense, she can't walk yet etc my son is more emotionally demanding at the moment (he's regressing a little due to daughter being on the scene) so an older child is better for him as it's a playmate for him.

Gah just don't know what to do for the best.......

FussyElmo
25-08-2009, 06:34 PM
I never feel guilty about turning down work which didnt suit me or my family!!

Dont look at it as money until they have signed the contract!!!!

But as uf353432 says they are only demanding for a short period - would love a playmate for my dd (13 months) but have no space!