PDA

View Full Version : could this work do you think?

newandlearning
25-08-2009, 02:18 PM
its really odd.. I've had two parents contact me recently who are happy to pick up there kids from school and then drop them at mine for childminding care.. my LO will be starting part-time in sept and going fulltime in Jan.

One parent wants to drop off tues - fri.. and the other mon and tues.. I'm just not sure if this isn't going to make me feel pressurised with getting back home asap.. I'll always have to pick mine up by car.. couldn't walk on a nice day and actually would prefer to have children from his new school...

this is my first LO at school so I'd value your advice re. whether you'd take on these LOs or if you'd hold out for your LOs school..xx

newandlearning
25-08-2009, 05:50 PM
I think I'm just gonna invite this lady over and see how things go...
I'm not used to managing after schoolers.. can anyone advise please?

Goatgirl
25-08-2009, 06:11 PM
Hello :-)
Is there any way you could give them a drop off time which would allow for a relaxed walk home? You can say you need this amount of time to avoid rushing and the resulting stress (quite true) as well as the children coming out late, needing to speak to a teacher, run back in for forgotten jumpers etc. If the drop off time suits you then its up to the parents and takes the decision out of your hands really.
Good luck with it.
best wishes,
wendy :)

Chimps Childminding
25-08-2009, 08:47 PM
OK am i being a bit dim here? why would they want to pick up from school and then drop off at a cm? is this after full day at school, or part time days when they first start?? Sorry it may just be me its getting near my bedtime :blush: !

Twinkles
25-08-2009, 09:54 PM
If you're not desperate for the work i'd wait and see if you can get some after schoolers from your daughters school.

Just my opinion :D

buildingblocks
26-08-2009, 12:08 PM
Could you get the parents to drop to you at your school and then children could walk home with you - no rushing if not I agree if you are not desperate wait for your lo's school. i ended up with a 25 min walk one way to a school as I needed the work. Now I have to turn away the school just around the corner. I am not taking on anymore form my present school (sad as only three cover this school) so that

The Juggler
27-08-2009, 03:26 PM
are they starting work in the evenings maybe? Very odd if you ask me. I would do without the pressure of always having to be back from school at a certain time. I know how long it takes me to get my lot home sometimes!

Adiamond
27-08-2009, 03:33 PM
Hi, I recently had to let a family down as mum wanted me to pick up from a different school to my son, the finishing time was 25 mins difference to get from one side of town to the other, I thought about it for a long time but in the end decided it would be too much of a rush incase of traffic etc..... and now I have just signed 2 cotracts for my sons school :clapping:

So I would agree with the others if you don't need the work then hang out for your normal school :) x x x