PDA

View Full Version : DS went to mindees house for a sleepover....

essexgirl1967
25-08-2009, 07:18 AM
DS ( who is 8) was invited to mindees ( who is same age) house last night for a sleepover. They took the boys out to a child friendly pub for dinner and apparently the boys went wild in the soft play centre after eating. They they went home by car, only a 10 minute journey during which DS promptly threw up in back of the car. Parents rang me to let me know and I obvioulsy went to collect him straight away despite them saying he could still stay if he now felt better. The things is that DS is now very disappointed at missing his sleepover, and I am fairly certain he was sick from the combination of rushed dinner, jumping around like a maniac, and then a car journey ( he does get very car sick but not normally after a 10 minute journey). I felt I had to bring him home tho as if mindee was sick in my house during working hours I would always have insisted on him going home, and I needed to show mindees parents that it works both ways. DH feels very sorry for DS and thinks I could have left him, as its now 8am next morning and he's absolutely fine, but just felt because of childminding I had to be seen to be doing the right thing, any one agree x

Daddy Day Care
25-08-2009, 07:21 AM
You did the right thing, as you said if the mindee was sick with you, and you asked them to collect they could have thrown this back in your face if you had left your son with them.

Im sure your son will be dissapointed, but there will be other sleepovers he can go to.

Gareth
xx

mum22
25-08-2009, 07:22 AM
Yes, I agree I think you have done the right thing for the right reasons. Hopefully there will be another sleepover soon.

Toothfairy
25-08-2009, 05:07 PM
I would have done the same. Hopefuly he will be invited back for a sleepover soon.

MissTinkerbell
25-08-2009, 05:21 PM
As you say I'm sure it was just the mixtures of food, bouncing around and the car journey but you did the right thing in fetching him home. You would have insisted on the same if you were working and this way they can't throw it back at you. Hopefully he'll be invited to another sleep over soon.

balloon
25-08-2009, 05:27 PM
I would have done the same thing for the same reasons.

sarah707
25-08-2009, 05:32 PM
I have done exactly the same as you in the past.

I am glad he is recovered now! :D

zillervalley
25-08-2009, 05:44 PM
i agree with what you did , you are right you have to show midees parents that what you practice in your setting you carry through to your own,its a reverse situation isnt it?

yes your ds was fine but you didnt know that at the time, we dont know that the mindees are going to be fine when they get home, but we have to act accordingly

so glad ds is fine now
ziller