PDA

View Full Version : childrens table

mumof4
24-08-2009, 10:42 PM
I am looking for a smallish table and 4 chairs to go in my new playroom, anyone got any sugestions? I`ve seen some lovely themed ones but abit pricey!

mumof1
24-08-2009, 10:44 PM
Im getting the table and chairs that they sell in ikea, they are bright and colourful and cheap ofcourse :thumbsup:

CCJD
25-08-2009, 06:04 AM
I have the rectangle table and stools from ikea- they do a round table but this takes up alot of space. Word of warning if you cannot decide between getting the stools or the little chairs with the back . The stools have to be sat on completely (no perching on the edge) if you have laminate flooring - many a mindee has had the stool disappear from underneath them when they havnt sat on the still properly - they tip very easily - this wouldn't happen with the chairs but obviously the will take up slightly more space.

miffy
25-08-2009, 07:15 AM
I looked at the ones in Ikea yesterday and they are lovely.

ELC do a plastic table and chairs - I've had my original version over 20 years and it's still fine - Wilkinson's do a cheaper plastic one.

Miffy xx

mumof4
25-08-2009, 12:49 PM
thankyou CCJD, I hadnt thought of slippery laminate!! Will have a look at the Ikea ones, sound good thanks.

LittleMissSparkles
25-08-2009, 01:02 PM
I have a small table from ikea and 4 chairs ( plastic ) i got from toys r us but i love the wooden ones from ikea( i have the red sqaure table ) x

helenlc
25-08-2009, 01:35 PM
I have the round one from Ikea plus stools. It does take up more space than the rectangular one (which we have had for 9 1/2 yrs and its now in the play house) but it fits more children round it comfortably.

It cleans up well despite what we have done on it ie cooking, painting, sticking, eating etc.

We also take it out in the garden and this saves having a seperate table out there to store when not in use.

Angela234
25-08-2009, 10:27 PM
I have the round plastic one from ikea i got 2 chairs and 2 stools from there

I also have ELC chairs i use with my coffee table

charliegee
25-08-2009, 11:20 PM
I'm the biggest Ikea fan!

I have a round table and 4 chairs which although takes up a lot of space - looks really welcoming and I've always found easy to keep clean.

I've also got a wooden table and chairs set (think it was about £10?!) from Ikea which I use for really messy play - although even that wipes nice and clean

Ikea all the way I say! (although I'm going to have a look at ELC from all your suggestions - this website is fantastic for ideas!)

x

Monkey1
26-08-2009, 06:27 AM
yup, ikea

Can't beat it, i sold mine when i got hold of some gopack nursery tables, but thinking of getting it again.....just need to find some space:rolleyes: :D

ruby
26-08-2009, 11:57 AM
did have the wooden one from ikea but changed it to the round blue one as it fits more children round it
Also had £10.00 voucher so hope to get there this weekend as need more storage

cathy

Sally G
26-08-2009, 12:12 PM
Hi i have the wodden one from ikea with non slip pads on the feet to stop sliipping i have also painted the wood adn varnished it so they match my theme!

cherry pink
26-08-2009, 08:30 PM
evening all the square table and 4 chairs you've been mentioning in ikea are they wood and are they in the catalogue or on line and do they have a name rung my friend who has the book but she says she cant see them.. would love a red one..

thanks cherry pink xx