PDA

View Full Version : Quick question

Adiamond
24-08-2009, 01:17 PM
I have just had my other mindees mum on the phone saying that she has got swine flu (mum that is) they have been told to stay indoors for 48 hours, she has been given antibiotics I presume she meant anti virals? but I don't know what I should do I have just read on the NHS website that you are still contagious for up to 5 days, mum brings mindee every day and stays for at least 20 minutes I don't want to catch it or my family or other mindees family :( I really don't know what to do, if I say I can't have her back for 5 days what about payment????
Please advise I said I would ring her back within the hour!!!!!!!! x x x
THANK YOU x x x

Mollymop
24-08-2009, 01:24 PM
I don't know the correct way to go about it, but if it were me I wouldn't have the child, I would ask mum to keep the child at home.

If the child is well and you are the one who is asking her to stay away then I don't think I would ask for payment .

Daftbat
24-08-2009, 01:28 PM
If the child is not ill then i would still offer the place to the parent but ask that she does not come in to the house. Then if they decide not to come then your charges still apply.

I had a parent who was diagnosed with it but her son still came to me. I don't think there is much risk so long as she doesn't stay for the normal twenty minutes etc. The lo i care for never got any symptoms whilst his mum was ill and i think you have as much chance of catching it in the local community anyway.

uf353432
24-08-2009, 04:16 PM
My hubby got it and noone else in the family did. I continued minding and non of the mindee's got it either.

Personally I would take the child if he is well.

miffy
24-08-2009, 04:19 PM
The current advice from our Early Years department is to remain open so as long as the child is well then you can take him/her but if they show signs then you have to send them straight home.

Miffy xx