PDA

View Full Version : Quick question re. outings

venus89
24-08-2009, 10:30 AM
With my permissions signed and excited children I went to a farm attraction this morning to discover that it no longer is a farm attraction. That's a bit of a bummer :laughing:

I'm running low on time and fuel now but if that happens would you think it was acceptable to go to a similar place if you couldn't get hold of the parentsto get their permission. We came home because I wasn't sure :panic:

pinklady
24-08-2009, 10:34 AM
With my permissions signed and excited children I went to a farm attraction this morning to discover that it no longer is a farm attraction. That's a bit of a bummer :laughing:

I'm running low on time and fuel now but if that happens would you think it was acceptable to go to a similar place if you couldn't get hold of the parentsto get their permission. We came home because I wasn't sure :panic:

You've got permission to do that particular activity and a RA no doubt so I would say it's fine as it's only a change of location not activity. Most parents wouldn't want their children disappointed by missing out on something they've been looking forward to.

Hope you have a good day :thumbsup:

pinklady
24-08-2009, 10:35 AM
Don't know why I pressed quote on my reply to you!:blush:

venus89
24-08-2009, 10:37 AM
Don't know why I pressed quote on my reply to you!:blush:

:laughing: :laughing:

Thankyou pinklady! At least I know for next time.... :clapping:

rickysmiths
24-08-2009, 10:47 AM
What a shame. However without the risk assessment for the new venue and the fact you only have permissions signed for a specfic venue I would say sorry but you need to go home.

I don't get specfic permissions for specfic outtings so I can change if need be.

I have outings on my general form and it includes 'local visits and those further afield, travelling by bus, train or tube or in the car. This maybe to a farm, museum or to a park or similar and will be age appropriate.' It also includes travel into London on public transport.

I do this so I have flexibility and although most outings are planned in advance and the parents know where we are going. Depending on the weather and sometimes if a mindee is off I might decide to do something on the spur of the moment.

helenlc
24-08-2009, 11:52 AM
What a shame. However without the risk assessment for the new venue and the fact you only have permissions signed for a specfic venue I would say sorry but you need to go home.

I don't get specfic permissions for specfic outtings so I can change if need be.

I have outings on my general form and it includes 'local visits and those further afield, travelling by bus, train or tube or in the car. This maybe to a farm, museum or to a park or similar and will be age appropriate.' It also includes travel into London on public transport.

I do this so I have flexibility and although most outings are planned in advance and the parents know where we are going. Depending on the weather and sometimes if a mindee is off I might decide to do something on the spur of the moment.

I am the same. I think its a bit constricting to find yourself not able to go somewhere because you havent got permission to go there.

Sometimes, weather means that i have to change where I am going and it may mean I have to go to a farm or park with shelter available and this may be decided at the last minute.

Sometimes, childminders call/text and ask if I want to meet up with them somewhere.

For bigger trips, like the coast which is an hour from me, then I would have a more specific RA.

mushpea
24-08-2009, 06:41 PM
i dont get permmison for every single trip!! my paper work would be higher than the ceiling:eek: i have one form for outings which state i have permision to take on outings on foot in the car and via public transport, says nothing about where we go but on your contract there is a bit that says about invovlvin the children in the local community so i list some of the places we go.
we have been out to different places everyday of the hols sometimes to big places like the zoo other times to things like the nature reserve or fishing (with nets) in the river and i dont have a seperate form for these.