PDA

View Full Version : Early Years Grant in Derbyshire ??????

bex8282
24-08-2009, 10:12 AM
Hi there, does anyone know of an Early years Capital Grant in Derbyshire?
Know of a name and contact number just wondering has anyone been through the stages of applying and How to go by it??....

I am a newly Registered Childminder in Derbyshire and still need to buy a few bits, but all the bits are big items ??? like - fridge & freezer.

If anyone can help Thank you :)

wellybelly
24-08-2009, 10:26 AM
Hi there, does anyone know of an Early years Capital Grant in Derbyshire?
Know of a name and contact number just wondering has anyone been through the stages of applying and How to go by it??....

I am a newly Registered Childminder in Derbyshire and still need to buy a few bits, but all the bits are big items ??? like - fridge & freezer.

If anyone can help Thank you :)

Call your business development co-ordinator at Matlock. I called and pestered with emails and got a fob off. They are mneant to be writing to all of us but hav'nt yet. Im not giving up!

bex8282
24-08-2009, 10:41 AM
I have just called them, they just said that the NCMA stuff that they give out and the BIT course that we do and any other courses that we do is all within the Grant!!! Just thought that was completely fobbing me off!!!!

Just phoned someone else thou, and they said to put it into writting as what we need and send to them And they will decide! so confusing.....

What about paying for it, keeping the reciepts, then who do you send the reciepts to ? and do you get the full amount back OR is it a percentage?

Plus when would you get the money back?

tinkerbelle
24-08-2009, 12:16 PM
I have just called them, they just said that the NCMA stuff that they give out and the BIT course that we do and any other courses that we do is all within the Grant!!! Just thought that was completely fobbing me off!!!!

Just phoned someone else thou, and they said to put it into writting as what we need and send to them And they will decide! so confusing.....

What about paying for it, keeping the reciepts, then who do you send the reciepts to ? and do you get the full amount back OR is it a percentage?

Plus when would you get the money back?

thats total rubbish matlock early years are sending letters out to every childminder in their area to ask them how they want the grant to be spent i wil pm both of you with details of who to contact and dont be fobbed off this woman told me in october i was entitle to apply for £1000 for each child under 5 i was registered for
i have also read the cabin et report for neddc that say they have allocated upto £5000 for each member of the pvi to applly for as a childminder you come under this group (public volountary and independent sector) the report is dated 19th may 2009
i kicked a huge stink up as they had already decided to spend the money for minders on a scheme that they piloted in bolsover last year and along with another minder we have constantly emailed called and harrassed neddc until they have backed down the ncma and dcsf are involved with the way neddc have allocated the grant thats why the letters have not been sent to minders yet