PDA

View Full Version : food accounts now im really confused

DIPPY DOUGHNUT
24-08-2009, 09:57 AM
hi

ive just been reading another thread about how much people charge for food.

The thread expanded onto expenses so now im really confused

i charge an hourly rate for childminding and X amount of money each day for food, as the child has a snack and lunch with me mon-fri. At the end of the month i give the parent a break down of costs ie total for food and total for childcare.

she then pays me the total amount in one cheque.

Nowthe confusing bit!:blush:
im with NCMA and all the food i buy for mindee i put the recipts in my weekly expsenses page, but in the payment received page i just put the total monthy amount paid to me but the parent i dont seperate the two amounts. Is this correct?

now im worried that ive been doing my expsenses wrong. someone please help me:o

rickysmiths
24-08-2009, 10:05 AM
That sounds fine to me. All the parents pay your is your income and is recorded monthly/weekly whenever they pay.

The food you buy to feed the mindees goes in your expenses section along with all the reciepts.

For food you need to keep the reciepts for 3 months even if you only spend a £ on a packet of biscuits. This is a requirement of the Environmental Health people, it means if there was a food poisoning incident all your food is traceable to the place of purchase and then to its original source.

DIPPY DOUGHNUT
24-08-2009, 10:13 AM
thank you for responding, thats made me happier,

Just one more thing!!

dont we have to keep all recipts incase the tax man wants to see them when we do our tax return?

rickysmiths
24-08-2009, 10:24 AM
thank you for responding, thats made me happier,

Just one more thing!!

dont we have to keep all recipts incase the tax man wants to see them when we do our tax return?

Yes. However because of a deal done with NCMA and the Inland Revenue you only need to keep receipts for items with a value of over £10 until your gross income for the year goes over £30,000.

I also believe this threashold has now increased to £67,000pa for the year 2009-10 but you would need to double check this on their website.

DIPPY DOUGHNUT
24-08-2009, 10:32 AM
Yes. However because of a deal done with NCMA and the Inland Revenue you only need to keep receipts for items with a value of over £10 until your gross income for the year goes over £30,000.

I also believe this threashold has now increased to £67,000pa for the year 2009-10 but you would need to double check this on their website.

thanks for this, really helpful.

:) :) :) :)

Twinkle
24-08-2009, 04:51 PM

I thought we had to keep all receipts regardless of value especially when purchasing food. This is to provide traceability in the case of a food poisoning outbreak.

I may have dreamt it though :) can anyone else clear this up?

rickysmiths
24-08-2009, 08:22 PM
I thought we had to keep all receipts regardless of value especially when purchasing food. This is to provide traceability in the case of a food poisoning outbreak.

I may have dreamt it though :) can anyone else clear this up?

Yes we do have to keep all food receipts and I did highlight that in my first post Twinkle!

Nicki L
24-08-2009, 08:29 PM
That sounds fine to me. All the parents pay your is your income and is recorded monthly/weekly whenever they pay.

The food you buy to feed the mindees goes in your expenses section along with all the reciepts.

For food you need to keep the reciepts for 3 months even if you only spend a £ on a packet of biscuits. This is a requirement of the Environmental Health people, it means if there was a food poisoning incident all your food is traceable to the place of purchase and then to its original source.

Thanks, i didnt realise you only had to keep food receipts for three months - i have kept them all and my receipt folder is bursting. I can have a sort out :clapping: :clapping:

sarah707
24-08-2009, 08:35 PM

I've had a couple of people asking me so I'd just like to clear up their concerns.

What Ricky has said is absolutely right... the agreement was made between NCMA and the Inland Revenue.

HOWEVER!

It is an agreement for ALL childminders, regardless of whether you use Ncma or Morton Michel as your insurance company.

I hope this clarifies :D

Twinkle
24-08-2009, 08:39 PM
Yes we do have to keep all food receipts and I did highlight that in my first post Twinkle!

I really must read threads before I open a bottle of wine!! :blush:

rickysmiths
24-08-2009, 08:42 PM
I really must read threads before I open a bottle of wine!! :blush:

Never mind. You enjoy your wine!

mississmoomoo
05-09-2009, 05:51 PM

ooh I didnt know that! I will remeber to keep all food receipts from now on!

bibi571
05-09-2009, 06:41 PM
How would that work for when mindees get fed at toddler groups etc. The food there doesn't always have receipts, as sometimes the mums just bring in food for the kids. And most of my mums supply lunches, for me to serve. If there was a food poisoning outbreak then would that still be ok? Im in Scotland is that different or just the same?

I've only been keeping receipts for £10 and over too!

Barbara :littleangel:

Alibali
06-09-2009, 02:05 PM
How would that work for when mindees get fed at toddler groups etc. The food there doesn't always have receipts, as sometimes the mums just bring in food for the kids. And most of my mums supply lunches, for me to serve. If there was a food poisoning outbreak then would that still be ok? Im in Scotland is that different or just the same?

I've only been keeping receipts for £10 and over too!

Barbara :littleangel:

At the moment in our area we don't have to register as a food business like they do in England and as such we don't need the receipts etc, however a few of the Scottish local authorities are now recommending all childminders register with environmental health as food businesses and the rules then will change. I think it's just a matter of time so no harm in starting now to be ahead of the game:)