PDA

View Full Version : Dress help...!

mum2two
24-08-2009, 08:56 AM
I hate clothes shopping, and being pregnant makes it even worse!!! Plus there is nowhere to buy decent maternity clothes.

Have BIL wedding on Fri, so looking for a smart, nice looking dress, but the only things I can find, that I like & aren't mega bucks, are in black.

Do you think I can get away with this... perhaps with a chunky coloured necklace or something. Have siver strappy shoes to wear! Or any other advice from anyone as to where to buy from...

http://www.funmum.com/maternity-clothes-shop/collection/maternity-wedding-party-wear/strappy-evening-dress-in-black

Bearing in mind I'm likely to be in photos etc...

Thanks

x

xx

LOOPYLISA
24-08-2009, 09:07 AM
I think that is really nice :thumbsup:

Have a lovely time x

sue m
24-08-2009, 09:12 AM
That is really nice, a lot of people seem to wear black at weddings these days. It's very elegant. Have a great time. :D

LOOPYLISA
24-08-2009, 09:20 AM
That is really nice, a lot of people seem to wear black at weddings these days. It's very elegant. Have a great time. :D

We went to a wedding reception a few weeks ago, i wore black too :thumbsup:

mum2two
24-08-2009, 09:30 AM
Do you think it's ok the fact that I will be in photos etc, being family... I'm not just there, in hiding somewhere!!!

xx

DIPPY DOUGHNUT
24-08-2009, 09:35 AM
thats a really pretty dress, with some colorful shoes and maybe a colorful shrug and acessories, i think it would be fine!

Mollymop
24-08-2009, 09:41 AM
It's a lovely dress. I think it would be perfect for a wedding. x

miss mopple
24-08-2009, 09:53 AM
That would look fab on you. There are lots of bright accessories around at the minute you could use to brighten it up a bit. New look have a sale on jewellery- may be worth checking it out.

flora
24-08-2009, 10:18 AM
I think the dress is fine, get a lovely wrap/ pasmina and some bold statement jewellery and you'll look lovely:thumbsup:

Blaze
24-08-2009, 11:07 AM
I think with your silver shoes & some silver jewels it'll be lovely & elegant for a wedding:thumbsup:

loocyloo
24-08-2009, 01:44 PM
i was 8 1/2 mth pregnant when i went to my BIL wedding ... i hired a smart black dress & jacket from a maternity hire shop ( she did have coloured stuff, just not my taste though! ) i wore a bright hat, and matching flowers on my jacket.

i love that dress you linked to though, stunning.

xxx

estrelas
24-08-2009, 02:03 PM
The dress is lovely !! As others said just put bright accessories

The wedding I went to on friday had a few people wearing black x

katickles
24-08-2009, 02:16 PM
I really like that dress :thumbsup:

I was a witness to a wedding a few years back now & I wore a black strapless dress, with a black hat that i attatched some red flowers to, wore red shoes, chunky red necklace & a red clutch bag & had compliment after compliment:D :D Luckily the wedding a civial ceremony for my boss at the time & he wasn't jealous that i'd upstaged the bride with all my compliments :laughing:

mum2two
24-08-2009, 02:45 PM
Right, well it's ordered, and on next day delivery, so just hope it looks ok on me tomorrow!!

Thanks :thumbsup: Just got to sort some accesories for it now.

xx