PDA

View Full Version : fitting a maclaren buggy in a zafira boot

nikim
24-08-2009, 08:35 AM
is there a knack to this ???? i read on here somewhere that the twin traveller fitted in the zafira boot with all the seats up , well now ive bought one and i have spent 20mins trying to get it in with no luck :mad: , someone help me please :crying:

FizzysFriends
24-08-2009, 08:38 AM
I have a grand scenic (similar to Zafira) and a large Maclaren and the wheels have to be to the right and they have to go in first.

Could you put it in the foot space along the middle row until someone can help?

prettysunflower
24-08-2009, 08:44 AM
My friend fits hers in my removing the right hand panel on the side (where the first aid kit etc goes) and putting the wheels in there.

Hope it helps,

Amanda x

Hebs
24-08-2009, 08:51 AM
i have a scenic, and the only double i can fit in the boot with all the seats up is a phil and teds cos the front wheel ends up in the middle when it's folded so it sits between the 2 back seats :D

jaja
24-08-2009, 08:56 AM
hi, i dont know about your buggy, but i brought a second hand silver cross pop double pushchair yesterday and it fits in perfectly, but only in one way,

Have heard if you take the section out next to boot lid which has first aid thing on it comes out then wheels can fit in there, or take wheels off.

Hope this helps xx

helenlc
24-08-2009, 11:59 AM
i have a scenic, and the only double i can fit in the boot with all the seats up is a phil and teds cos the front wheel ends up in the middle when it's folded so it sits between the 2 back seats :D

I didnt think of that Hebs!!

I ended up going for the Maclaren twin Techno (second hand) and I cannot fit it in my boot of my Galaxy with all the seats up.

Dismissed the Phil & Teds for not being able to get it in the boot, but think that might have been a better choice.

I know it sounds really sad but what is the depth of your boot from back of seats to boot edge?

Daftbat
24-08-2009, 12:12 PM
I have a zafira and a maclaren buggy that goes in. You do need to have the wheels all facing inwards before you try and i always have the handles facing to the offside and it just fits.

nikim
24-08-2009, 12:44 PM
i got it in but i couldnt get the boot shut, so i undid the catch for one of the rear seats so it tipped forward slightly and it just gave it a little more room and i managed to shut it then push the seat back into its locking mechanism from inside :clapping: , now ive just got to hope i can get it out when i get to the other end :blush: