PDA

View Full Version : nvq help, please.x

cabby
23-08-2009, 06:14 PM
hi, can anyone help me with the answers to these questions for my NVQ, i have my assessor coming tomorrow, i've thought of the answers as best as i can but ive done 80% of the course now and want these answers to get me as much %age as possible so i can get it finished, some of the questions are

~How would you support a child who spoke a different language
~How would you adapt your communication when talking to an adult who didn't speak english
~how do you ensure your professional development is up to date

any help would be greatly appreciated.x:)

ORKSIE
23-08-2009, 06:29 PM
Child,Language barrier.... Use visual clues. Simple sentences.
speak slowly and clearly. Give the child plenty of time to respond.

Adult...Visual, Hand gestures. Poss a translater

Professional dev.... Keeping Policies Procedures up to date. Etc

HTH
Someone else will have some more help for you:thumbsup:

ORKSIE
23-08-2009, 06:31 PM
Karen....Do you have "C C L & D" Book by Penny Tassoni, Kath Bulman. Kate Beith.
I found this book very helpful:thumbsup:

Andrea08
23-08-2009, 07:25 PM
Sign language and pictures ,, look on CBeebies click on Mr tumble and you can print off sign pictures and how to sign simple words,, sign books are easy to get and your DO willalso have books to loan you and advice ,,, pretend this is a real situation what will you do??? ring around and get help,,,

the NVQ is a real life experiance type of qualification therefore it should be all about HOW WILL YOU DO IT,, HOW WILL YOU SORT IT,,, HOW WILL YOU FIND OUT ABOUT IT,,,

good luck hun xxx

cabby
23-08-2009, 07:32 PM
thankyou both for your ideas, thats everything ive got wrote down, just wanted to make sure id not missed anything:blush: , my daughter's doing her nvq 2 so i'll have a look through her books as well just to make sure,

thanks again:thumbsup:

Cammie Doodle
23-08-2009, 08:41 PM
Hi Karen I ordered "Supporting Children learning English as an additional Language" from the Dept For Children, Schools and Families , you can download this from www.standards.dcfs.gov it's ref no is 00683-2007BKT-EN
Ofsted Inpector was impressed with this, so maybe you will gain Brownie Points if you download it or at least order it, making sure you inform your assessor that you have done so

June

cabby
24-08-2009, 08:32 AM
that looks good, just downloaded it, will have a proper read later:clapping:

thankyou.x