PDA

View Full Version : getting on top of paperwork

Helen79
23-08-2009, 04:40 PM
I've been cm nearly a year now (have been registered longer though) & I'm still getting my paperwork up to date.

Is their a time when you get on top of it all & only have to do the day to day stuff like learning journals etc?
I'm still sorting out things like policies/procedures/RA etc that I feel I should have completed ages ago. I have done them but there always seems to be something that I need to add to them or change the wording on them.

I can't see the light at the end of the tunnel at the moment, please tell me it gets easier after doing the job for a year :panic:

sarah707
23-08-2009, 05:13 PM
I'll let you know when I find the tunnel... you can come in with me if you like but it might be long! :laughing:

It is supposed to be a never ending journey of evolution as your paperwork changes to mould to who you are now, rather than who you were before.

You should try and get the main bits in place though or you'll drive yourself potty.

Dedicate a set time to getting just one bit finished instead of being overwhelmed by too much.

Do it and put an update date in your diary for the future and move on to the next bit. My risk assessments file is updated when things change, but apart from that it's pretty much done now... that's how you want to get it really.

Hth :D

FizzysFriends
23-08-2009, 05:27 PM
I've been cm nearly a year now (have been registered longer though) & I'm still getting my paperwork up to date.

Is their a time when you get on top of it all & only have to do the day to day stuff like learning journals etc?
I'm still sorting out things like policies/procedures/RA etc that I feel I should have completed ages ago. I have done them but there always seems to be something that I need to add to them or change the wording on them.

I can't see the light at the end of the tunnel at the moment, please tell me it gets easier after doing the job for a year :panic:

I could have written that post myself!!!

ORKSIE
23-08-2009, 05:32 PM
There is always stuff to do and change.
It is never ending.
I see something on here and think..Oh, i dont have that, best put it in place.
It does get easier once you only have to ammend policies/procedures.

Winnie
23-08-2009, 08:11 PM
I thought i saw the light at the end of the tunnel, but it was only some b*****d -with a torch -bringing me more work :D

i read that somewhere & thought...yep:laughing:

newandlearning
23-08-2009, 08:34 PM
I've been wishing for that moment for aroung 4 months :ROFL1: I don't think you ever get on top of it either.. anymore than I ever have all the toys I want.. all the books I want.. I would really advice that you try to get on top of the main things first .. and then see what you feel you need next.. I found once I got to point A.. I had ideas which I wanted to do further.. further and further.
I'm still working weekends, and 4 eves a night.. this is mainly because in my naivity I decided to work fulltime and now have very little paperwork catch up time.. I do try to do stuff during the day whilst kids are napping.. but sometimes I prefer to see or do other things... xxx:jump for joy: :jump for joy: ..
I'm sorry I don't think I've helped..xx

buildingblocks
25-08-2009, 11:34 AM

:ROFL1: do you want me to tell the truth or lie 6 yrs on and still no wiser thats me

mushpea
25-08-2009, 01:09 PM
i can have up to 7 mindees during most days so am shattered by the evening and cant face paperwork so i do it on a sunday morning whilst my two are swiming, i take my stuff to the pool and sit in the spectators bit and do what ever paper work needs doing, they are old enough to go in themselves and can be in there for up to two hours so lots of paperwork time.