PDA

View Full Version : Ofsted visiting after 18 months!!!!!!

Bananabrain
23-08-2009, 02:42 PM
Hi all, just met a local childminding friend in Tesco{My weekend are sooo exciting}:laughing: and she said that she is being inspected next week..............even though she is not due 'til May next year!!:eek:

She asked if she had done anything wrong,the poor love, and was told 'Oh no,we can come at anytime between 18m and 3 yrs.

I know that loads of local minders are well over due and I heard that Ofsted are running 4 months behind.

Has anyone else heard about this? It seems mighty unfair to me.

sarah707
23-08-2009, 03:13 PM
It might depend on her last grading...?

I know they can come any time but I did think they would do the overdue ones first??

I think it's just a reminder that we can never second guess Ofsted :D

buildingblocks
23-08-2009, 03:27 PM
Mine was three years practically to the date although i have heard somewhere might have been here not sure that some are being inspected in time scale and then again 6 mths later not sure how true that is though.

ORKSIE
23-08-2009, 03:32 PM
Personally I think it would be a good idea if OFSTED got up to date, unless of course there is a need to Inspect earlier.:)

Helen79
23-08-2009, 04:21 PM
I thought that everyone was being inspected before they're due, because of the EYFS coming into place.
I'm really hoping mine is early, I've got 2 years left til my next inspection but really want to improve my grading as soon as possible.

Hebs
23-08-2009, 04:22 PM
I thought that everyone was being inspected before they're due, because of the EYFS coming into place.

yes i was told that too :thumbsup:

mandy moo
23-08-2009, 06:23 PM
I had an Ofsted inspector out last week, due to an action they had given me, she told me I could expect my next ofsted inspection in approx 21 mths give or take a month or so due to EYFS, and that by then everybody should 'know' it, (as it had been out several months already) by then!
My 1st inspection (to be graded) was last november!

Hebs
23-08-2009, 06:27 PM
well i had my inspection in May this year and she told me my next inspection would be within the next 3/4 years :panic:

Twinkle
23-08-2009, 09:07 PM
I was inspected last month. My inspector told me that people who were inspected just before the EYFS came into force would be inspected earlier than usual next time.

Trouble is, every inspector tells you something different. I think they make the rules up as they go along! :mad:

Gherkin
23-08-2009, 09:22 PM
In my area it has been said that if someone received a satisfactory they would be inspected before someone who had last recieved a good and if someone had received an outstanding they may not be inspected for 4 years.