PDA

View Full Version : GRRRrr...ofsted related

newminder
23-08-2009, 11:14 AM
I had my initial ofsted inspection on 18th June. The lady took my CRB with her and told me if I hadn't heard by 8n weeks phone up and chase it.
Well i have not heard anythig so I phoned them and they have said there is nothing they can do but they did tell me they didn;t do anything with it until 1st JULY!!!!!

I am now losing people as I have no CRB check and no registration number.
I am so frustrated. My friend had her inspection 3 weeks after me and has had her CRB back.

Any suggestions.

TIA

Shell

sarah707
23-08-2009, 11:56 AM
You can ring and chase, but apart from that not a lot I'm afraid.

The CRB is usually the delay and it's a law unto itself.

Are you watching it on the website? It won't make it hurry up but it might make you feel better!

Hope it hurries up for you! :D

newminder
23-08-2009, 12:00 PM
oo Sarah...how do I 'Watch it on the website@? No-one has mentioned this to me

Shell x

sarah707
23-08-2009, 12:03 PM
Knew I had it somewhere... I was just coming back to add it in! :D

http://www.crb.gov.uk/services/online_tracking_service.aspx

You will need your reference no from Ofsted.

newminder
23-08-2009, 12:07 PM
hmmm don;t have a ref number off ofsted.... :panic:

Minstrel
23-08-2009, 01:59 PM
hmmm don;t have a ref number off ofsted.... :panic:

Call up and ask them for it then :thumbsup:

Zoomie
23-08-2009, 02:45 PM
it took my inspector about 10 days to submit my crb.

it took just two weeks to be processed BUT it took 22 days the to arrive at ofsted and my post box.

hopefully you'll be able to see how far along yours in once you are able to check it on line.

Good luck

newminder
23-08-2009, 03:34 PM
Thank you for all your helpful replies.

Do I need to phone ofsted for my number or the CRB place?

many thanks, sorry if dumb question :blush:

Minstrel
23-08-2009, 03:48 PM
Thank you for all your helpful replies.

Do I need to phone ofsted for my number or the CRB place?

many thanks, sorry if dumb question :blush:

Either place will have it. I called the CRB and they took a few details and looked it up for me. Told me how far along it was and gave me the numbers so i could further track it online myself. x

newminder
23-08-2009, 04:15 PM
Thank you minstrel

Shell x

23-08-2009, 04:44 PM
I hate to say it but when my CRB finally went thru, Ofsted then took another 3 weeks to process my application and register me. I then had to wait another week and a half on top of that before I received my certificate :panic: I was getting so upset with the delays and having to turn away business. Thankfully I am all up and running now but I can completely relate to your frustrations

childmind04
23-08-2009, 06:07 PM
Once it gets to Ofsted keep on at them, CRB place is usually ok they obviously have checks to do but ofsted are just slow :rolleyes:

newminder
24-08-2009, 08:24 AM
a little :clapping: .

Just called CRB and they informed me my check is complete and was posted out to me on friday. Does this mean as soon as I get my CRB back I am registered or do I have to do something else now?

Thank you all for you quick replies. i would be lost without this forum.
Just wait for my qestions when I actually start minding as my EY have beenno help whatsoever!!!!!

Shell

Minstrel
24-08-2009, 02:38 PM
When you receive you CRB disclosure, OFSTED sould be receiving their copy too. Your inspector will then sign off your application (if they have nothing else they are waiting on), and post out your registration cert. THEN you can start working!

Well done :clapping:

newminder
25-08-2009, 06:32 AM
Thank you again Minstrel.

I have someone interested for a place October so hopefully I shall be ready by then :jump for joy: I say HOPEFULLY!!!!!

Shell