PDA

View Full Version : im fed up with a parent of mine

Ben10mad
22-08-2009, 10:42 PM
Right were to start lol.....
Ive been childminding this little boy for 6 months, she started forgeting to pay and all the excuses so i put late fee's on last month(£10 per day if late), from then never had a late payment off her, i had child mon and tue and said will pop money round in morning as childcare allowance doesnt go in bank till 2moz, i said thats fine as she said that before and dropped money round. Any way while picking child up on tuesday she mentioned that her phone was broken. She txt me on thursay saying would it be possible to pay half this week and give you the rest on monday, as ive had to buy a new phone n did appoligise for being a pain so i said yes ok, Had a txt then friday morning saying would it be ok for me just to pay you the full amount on tuesay instead.....wel i read the message and put the phone down as i was annoyed and never txt her back, i really could not be bothered with txting her i had enough. its my own fault really for saying yes you can pay half but then she pushes her luk, i only said yes as i feel sorry for her as i know money is tight and she is a single parent. What do you think i should do?
xxxxx

Daftbat
22-08-2009, 10:50 PM
I think you need to be strong and text back that she must stick to the original agreement of at least half then the rest on tuesday. Furthermore you need to inform her in writing that all payments in future need to be made on time.

You are running a business and i am sure that tesco wouldn't let her take the food and pay next week etc.

I know its hard but you have to insist otherwise if your other customers did it too you would be in serious financial difficulties.

Twinkles
23-08-2009, 07:09 AM
I think you need to be a bit tougher too (easier said than done huh ! ) she needs to realise you are a priority and tbh you can pick up pay as you go phones for £30 or less - she didn't need to buy an expensive one.

amirose
23-08-2009, 08:54 AM
and tbh you can pick up pay as you go phones for £30 or less - she didn't need to buy an expensive one.

Completely agree :thumbsup:

Mouse
23-08-2009, 09:14 AM
I think you need to explain that her childcare allowance is to pay for childcare, not to buy a new phone!

Even if she doesn't get all of her childcare costs covered, she should at least be offering you the amount that she has received. I'd text her back saying you need at least the part of the money that you agreed to.

mushpea
23-08-2009, 10:36 AM
be tough tell her its half now half later as you agreed, the money should have been for you not a new phone and phones cost as little as a tenner these days so thats not your problem (i wouldnt sat that to her though), from my own experinace if you say its ok this time then it will happen again and again and again.

ORKSIE
23-08-2009, 10:57 AM
I am a sucker for this one....and I really hate asking for the money.....I know I have earnt it but makes me feel uncomfortable.
But I do agree with the others we must be strong and acertive(sp). Stick to the rules, bet if you owed her change, she'd want it......