PDA

View Full Version : What to do

deb24
23-02-2008, 10:26 PM
:panic: Can anyone tell me if they charge full fee for the following Good Friday,Easter Monday, both bank hol Mondays in May, Bank hol in August,Xmas Day Boxing Day New Years Day.

If you do charge full fee do you ever get the parents quibble over why you are asking full fee? What do you usually say to them.
I used to have a childminder that charged full fee for all the above and I must admit I really hated paying for it.
Are most parents ok to pay?

sarah707
23-02-2008, 10:31 PM
I do not want to work Bank Holidays so I do not charge.

Your business, your rules :D

squiggle
23-02-2008, 10:37 PM
if a bank holiday falls on a contracted day then i charge full fee.

if a parent wants care i charge an extra £2 per hour so it would be £5.

parents are aware of this when we did the contracts

Jen x

charleyfarley
23-02-2008, 10:42 PM
I've never had any one moan over paying for bh but then I have always been prepared to work if needed

I charge full fee if not worked but if I do work then it is double fee

Carol xx

angeldelight
23-02-2008, 11:11 PM
I am like Sarah do not work bank holidays so do not charge

God knows what im going to do about Good Friday this year though - Ive always worked it silly me ha

xxx

hello kitty
23-02-2008, 11:22 PM
I charge full fee for bh's except for christmas day as I feel that is a bit mean even though parents are usually paid for this by their company. I explain this to them at the time they sign their contract, so far no probs but have had some say "you've charged me for bh are you working?".

Sarah :)

tulip0803
23-02-2008, 11:52 PM
I charge full fee for bank holidays, except Christmas Day and Boxing Day. I am prepared to work the others on Bank Holiday rates but I will not work Christmas & Boxing Day.

Juliaxx

Blaze
24-02-2008, 01:44 AM
I charge full fees for bank holidays as per contract...it's also in my policies that I will work them at my decretion & if i choose to work then an extra £2 per hour will be added to my usual hourly rate...however if I am not needed to work or choose not to then usual full fee is payable.
Tasha:)

miffy
24-02-2008, 07:49 AM
I charge full fee for BH if they fall on a contracted day

I do not work them and thankfully have never been asked to

Miffy xx

manjay
24-02-2008, 07:56 AM
I too charge full fee if a contracted day and £5 per hour if working (not that I think I ever will!)

amanda xx

miss muffit
24-02-2008, 08:09 AM
HI I dont work bank holidays and i charge full fee if falling on a contracted day...My last parent I took on my books queried it and as our development worker says we have the right to be paid its a public bank holiday …if you feel really really bad at charging them… charge half fee… I would not charge no fee and if the children did come on a bank holiday I would charge double fee. Gosh that sounds really hard of me... but that’s what we charge in my area K :) :) :)

Sarsar3NCH
24-02-2008, 01:14 PM
I charge full fees for bank hols, no-one has ever queried it or asked me to work, but I explain this at time of contract. If anyone queried I would say that most people get paid for bank holidays but do not work. I know none of my parents work BH as they are office workers or teachers.

Sarah

Nix
24-02-2008, 02:59 PM
I charge and no one, as yet, has queried it or asked me to work. I would charge a higher rate if I was going to mind on a bank holiday.

Good luck...

son77
24-02-2008, 03:09 PM
I dont work B/H's but charge half fee.

oakie dokie
24-02-2008, 03:10 PM
i charge bh, but do not work them, no parent has ever questioned it.

hazelx

mel
24-02-2008, 04:21 PM
I charge for bank holidays and do not work them. I balance this out with not charging at all for any of my other holidays and I've never had a complaint.

Mel x

Rubybubbles
24-02-2008, 04:25 PM
I do not want to work Bank Holidays so I do not charge.

Your business, your rules :D

same! could see how I could charge if I wasn't working it! I def don't wnat to work them:D

deeb66
24-02-2008, 08:27 PM
I too charge full fee if the day falls within the normal working week.

I also make it very clear when contracts are signed that I don't work them either.

The parents get paid for Bank Holidays!

mum of 2
24-02-2008, 08:31 PM
I dont work in the holidays as I like to spend that time with my own two, so I dont charge my parents. This is my personal choice and when I used a childminder she used to charge me, which was fine as her fees were laid down at the start of the contract.